TC for a MC/silver circle firm in London with ABB? Watch

This discussion is closed.
medicmate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are there more things to tsr life than training contracts at magic circle firms? The sun is out, go get some rays :cool:
username4915450
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by medicmate)
Are there more things to tsr life than training contracts at magic circle firms? The sun is out, go get some rays :cool:
Its the same comment on this thread and frankly i'm tired of it. This type of thing is normally spoken by people who couldn't secure a MC training contract or a full time offer at a top BB investment bank.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by echelp123)
Yeah but you didn't know that barristers may also work for law firms so lets not belittle OP for making mistakes. I'm surprised somebody who hasn't even completed A levels is speaking in a patronising tone to a young girl.
Right, and belittling someone that's "belittling" someone is really going to get you somewhere.

Also, what has not completing A-levels got to do with anything? I'm a law student at university, so if anything I'm studying beyond that at the moment.
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Midget's a law student

OP is clearly a mid-achieving dolt who knows **** all about anything, so crediting them with awareness of the fact that some firms (most of them non-MC) have in-house advocates is a bit too much.
Yes we all agree OP needs to do her research frankly its quite embarrassing but its not right for "midget" to patronise her and i think we can both agree she probably didn't even know that barristers may work at law firms.

Christ the arrogance on this forum is astounding even with my a*s i suffer impostor syndrome.
medicmate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
echelp123 In my previous comment I meant that students should not obsess about the magic circle when there are plenty of other excellent firms. I believe this especially important when one looks at how fierce competition for them is. Peace out
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its the same comment on this thread and frankly i'm tired of it. This type of thing is normally spoken by people who couldn't secure a MC training contract or a full time offer at a top BB investment bank.
Christ the arrogance on this forum is astounding
pot calling kettle something
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Right, and belittling someone that's "belittling" someone is really going to get you somewhere.

Also, what has not completing A-levels got to do with anything? I'm a law student at university, so if anything I'm studying beyond that at the moment.
You don't really learn either way though do you?
Not really. A levels are important for law.

p.s you can't really be beyond something if you haven't completed it especially given that most firms want A levels.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
PRSOM.
I accidentally spat out my coffee a little. :lol:
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't really learn either way though do you?
Not really. A levels are important for law.

p.s you can't really be beyond something if you haven't completed it especially given that most firms want A levels.
An INTJ can't compete with us ENTJs

go play scrabble or something
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't secured either but I don't like seeing comments discouraging people from applying to the top firms. You really are immature but your comments are just annoying.
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
An INTJ can't compete with us ENTJs

go play scrabble or something
You spend your life on a forum speaking to teenagers when you clearly couldn't secure a MC training contract. what a pity.

theres nothing to compete with a boring entj
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't secured either but I don't like seeing comments discouraging people from applying to the top firms. You really are immature but your comments are just annoying.
Either?

Speak for yourself, plebo
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't like seeing comments discouraging people from applying to the top firms.
You literally just told me that my Access grades pretty much aren't going to get me anywhere.

So which is it, are you a white knight or an egotist? :lol:
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
PRSOM.
I accidentally spat out my coffee a little. :lol:
Honestly I'll be bitterly honest with you - theres absolutely no way you will secure any sort of training contract because 1) you didnt do A levels 2) your university isn't highly ranked.

Best of luck though.
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You literally just told me that my Access grades pretty much aren't going to get me anywhere.

So which is it, are you a white knight or an egotist? :lol:
Yes they aren't because its objectively the truth.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, 'cause that's what OP was referring to.
I love to teach either way.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly I'll be bitterly honest with you - theres absolutely no way you will secure any sort of training contract because 1) you didnt do A levels 2) your university isn't highly ranked.
Christ the arrogance on this forum is astounding even with my a*s i suffer impostor syndrome.
gift that keeps on givin'
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Best of luck though.
I've done first year schemes and spoken to some of the recruiters about my situation already, the majority of them said that if I perform well throughout my degree then I shouldn't have a problem securing a TC.

If I didn't have much hope then I'd very much doubt I'd be accepted onto these schemes in the first place.
username4915450
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
gift that keeps on givin'
Its not arrogant to speak the truth. I'm surprised somebody of your old age isn't as blunt with her as I am - i guess its because of your strange entj ways.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The cliquishness of this forum is pretty annoying, I must confess. Everyone jumps in on it like a package of teenage lasses on the blob and clicking fingers like some sassy bishes.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads