Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone going to Plymouth uni, how much do you spend on food in a week? I need to figure out where I'm at because I feel I've been spending way too much. Any tips on saving money on food?
Advertisement
TaylorJae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone going to Plymouth uni, how much do you spend on food in a week? I need to figure out where I'm at because I feel I've been spending way too much. Any tips on saving money on food?
I used to spend around £50 every 7-10 days at Sainsburys. Definitely shop Aldi if you're nearby.

A good money saving tip is to cook large meals that you can eat throughout the week. For example, I would make a chili con carne on a Monday which I could have 2 meals with rice, and a third meal with a jacket potato. There are some great student recipes out there to keep costs low.

Also, keep takeaways to a minimum. It can be very tempting, especially if housemates are ordering takeaway. For me, takeaways were only for a Sunday when I was hungover.
carloct
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i don't know if it is allowed to post the link to the app (if so let me know if you're interested and I'll be glad to share my link) because they are referrals but there're many grocery cashback apps that gives you back some (or even all) your money when you buy products currently on promotion and then take a picture to the receipt. this can help keep down your food expense
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (200)
24.15%
Pop (205)
24.76%