UK two taps: shaving face with cold/hot water?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So coming from a country that has a "uni tap" (one tap that you can regulate to run cold, warm, tepid, hot water) I wonder how men in the UK shave their faces in front of the bathroom window.

Are you a UK guy who shaves his face and do you use the cold or hot tap to moisturise your face before you put the shaving cream on?

I'm guessing the cold one but how cold is it? Is it ICE cold? How about winter at 6 am in the morning?

I personally just regulate my uni tap to be tepid warm apply the cream.
justsomeguy17
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use hot/warmish water before you shave, it opens up the pores and makes it easier to get a closer shave. Use cold water afterwards to reduce irritation and close the pores.
Personally, I shower before shaving and then wash off using the taps.
If I had to use the taps then I would just place a flannel under the hot tap until it gets to a warmish temperature before wetting my face with it otherwise it gets too hot.
I don't really care for how cold the water is after shaving as it soothes my skin regardless.
Last edited by justsomeguy17; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (67)
30.59%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.87%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.22%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.48%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.37%

Watched Threads