Honest opinions on Studytubers?

Watch
Nikkix2000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by PrazzPrazz)
Alie, I don't understand, why isn't she comparing her life to Hitler instead loool?
It’s a valid criticism and people are allowed their own opinions.

You’re clearly fans of them but all of them are in it for the money at the end of the day. Jade makes T-Shirts simply with the word “study” on them and sells them for £20 so impressionable teenagers buy them. All credit to her but people seem to idolise people like Jade and Ruby.

When they didn’t get into Oxford, people hounded Oxford’s social media complaining about them not getting in — it’s just stupid.

And I’m all for individuality but Ruby writing with an ink pen and quill is just pretentious and silly.

Nikkix2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paracosm)
I honestly cannot stand the vast majority of them.
Which ones and for what reason?
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Nikkix2000)
It’s a valid criticism and people are allowed their own opinions.

You’re clearly fans of them but all of them are in it for the money at the end of the day. Jade makes T-Shirts simply with the word “study” on them and sells them for £20 so impressionable teenagers buy them. All credit to her but people seem to idolise people like Jade and Ruby.

When they didn’t get into Oxford, people hounded Oxford’s social media complaining about them not getting in — it’s just stupid.

And I’m all for individuality but Ruby writing with an ink pen and quill is just pretentious and silly.
Wait a second, I never said I was a fan. But I don't understand why your wasting your own time analysing people you don't like that makes no dumb sense? People are supposed to enjoy talking about things they enjoy, indulge in hobbies, not rant about others if they ''CANNOT RELATE''. I'm acc dead . People can idolise whoever they want, you say your entitled to your opinion so why aren't they entitled to theirs? Your contradicting yourself. She can write w/ a quill if she wants, thats her a choice, the same way you can hug your mum thats your choice. Great!
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Which ones and for what reason?
I find their content vacuous and incredibly self-ingratiating - examples that come to my mind are Eve Bennett, Unjaded Jade™, Jack Edwards, etc
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Pointless to me
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I really enjoy them personally! Though I can understand why other people don't watch them
Nikkix2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by PrazzPrazz)
Wait a second, I never said I was a fan. But I don't understand why your wasting your own time analysing people you don't like that makes no dumb sense? People are supposed to enjoy talking about things they enjoy, indulge in hobbies, not rant about others if they ''CANNOT RELATE''. I'm acc dead . People can idolise whoever they want, you say your entitled to your opinion so why aren't they entitled to theirs? Your contradicting yourself. She can write w/ a quill if she wants, thats her a choice, the same way you can hug your mum thats your choice. Great!
“I’m acc dead” — you do know lots of people seem to agree with me right?

It’s not a stupid opinion, it’s a very valid one.
tomfailinghelp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
why is it bad if they aren't 'normal' teenagers? Obviously they aren't, or nobody would be interested enough to watch them
summer207
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

I honestly think you’re spending too much time analysing and talking about them. Of course there will be people who won’t like them. That’s how life works. Some people like you, some people don’t but most people I know that don’t like them just don’t watch their videos rather than watching it to find something else to bash them about. Just go about your day. Personally, i watched one of Eve Bennett’s videos and I’m not a fan so I just don’t watch her videos, simple as that, move on. You seem to have quite some time on your hands.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Flakeeee)
I don’t think it’s surprising. But I just think that ibz’s determination is rlly inspiring. The fact that he came from a poor household and was able to afford to go to Cambridge.
His socio-economic background probably had a bigger impact on his prospects than his ethnicity. That should be given more attention.

Being poor doesn't really factor in so much for the top unis in terms of being able to afford. You will get the highest maintenance loan and potentially a bursary of a few grand to live off. You would be much better off than many of your peers who come from low-middle class backgrounds. This is different, I should add, when you're applying to non-top unis. Many of them have no support at all for poor students.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Awwww thats so cute, why dont they all build a shrine for you? Would that make your toes feel better? Don't quote mate, you don't know what checks gonna hit you.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by summer207)
I honestly think you’re spending too much time analysing and talking about them. Of course there will be people who won’t like them. That’s how life works. Some people like you, some people don’t but most people I know that don’t like them just don’t watch their videos rather than watching it to find something else to bash them about. Just go about your day. Personally, i watched one of Eve Bennett’s videos and I’m not a fan so I just don’t watch her videos, simple as that, move on. You seem to have quite some time on your hands

Alie but the question shes avoiding to answer is how does she know if something is normal or not normal? Iniii bare time for this one, wonder what else she watches and analyses. Should be called Nikkix2000 what i consider rottentomatoes and not normal
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
what is studytubers

[for us old people]
cathywill
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I watch studytubers personally for motivation to help me revise and develop my own work ethic, however I feel sometimes I fall into the danger of feeling insecure about my own intellect or feeling quite stressed by watching them as I directly compare myself to them. I guess it's just each to their own, some people find them beneficial, some people don't. The only problem I have with Ruby Granger is that she promotes a very unhealthy lifestyle by her 15 hour study with mes but I don't see the problem with her writing with a quill or washing her face in a bowl etc. It doesn't mean she is a freak or anything.
Nikkix2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by cathywill)
I watch studytubers personally for motivation to help me revise and develop my own work ethic, however I feel sometimes I fall into the danger of feeling insecure about my own intellect or feeling quite stressed by watching them as I directly compare myself to them. I guess it's just each to their own, some people find them beneficial, some people don't. The only problem I have with Ruby Granger is that she promotes a very unhealthy lifestyle by her 15 hour study with mes but I don't see the problem with her writing with a quill or washing her face in a bowl etc. It doesn't mean she is a freak or anything.
You’ve hit the nail on the head in terms of my problem with them.

Teenagers are impressionable and they’ll see people like Jade and Ruby succeeding and think they need to emulate them to be successful. There are likely Y12s panicking because they haven’t done 10 hours of revision like Ruby.

I think the quill/basin thing is bizarre but doesn’t offend me. It’s more her trying to live up to a particular character, although it is a little childish.
cathywill
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You’ve hit the nail on the head in terms of my problem with them.

Teenagers are impressionable and they’ll see people like Jade and Ruby succeeding and think they need to emulate them to be successful. There are likely Y12s panicking because they haven’t done 10 hours of revision like Ruby.

I think the quill/basin thing is bizarre but doesn’t offend me. It’s more her trying to live up to a particular character, although it is a little childish.
Yh I think that's quite true that teens have a tendancy to try to emulate them as a way of being academically successful but I guess as a solution they should perhaps be conscience of that type of impact for example specifying 'this is what works for me' instead of talking in a sense that is matter of fact if you get what I mean.
xwikiix
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I honestly see the appeal in studytubers and have gotten stuck in a binge watching hole many times but I read an article and its supposedly putting real pressure on students and worsening mental health with the sometimes unrealistic expectations. I just think some people go too far and yeah they have a right to do that and it might be what they do but at the end of the day they're putting themselves in the limelight so they should take that into consideration and be honest
QueenOfFabulous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don’t watch studytubers’ videos much but I know who they are and have watched some of their videos. For me, they can sometimes be motivational but sometimes too positive if that makes sense? I can’t exactly explain it very well eek. It can be inspiring but also pressurising.
I’ve actually met two studytubers before (coincidentally, and I went to the same school as one). My mom actually watches studytubers more than I do, especially the one I went to the same school as.
steamed-hams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think it’s used as a substitute for a part time job I.e ads and maybe a way to break into media industry
Last edited by steamed-hams; 7 months ago
ComicalUsername
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I agree that he’s inspirational but he’s become big-headed and irritating.

The whole “Exeter” thing is immature and irresponsible from him as well as it encourages people who might consider going there to believe it’s “racist” simply due to his experience.
I believe Exeter had other incidences around this time where ibz mo said this e.g. the group chat, the monkey thing etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (244)
33.84%
No (477)
66.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed