This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Order order, question to the Prime Minister!

This is TSR's chance to ask question to the TSR MHOC Prime Minister 04MR17

-The Leader of the Opposition ns_2 is allowed to ask 6 questions, plus a followup for each question.
– Other MPs are allowed to ask four questions, plus a follow-up question for each one.
– Other TSR users are allowed to ask two questions, plus a follow-up question for each one.

Any further questions after the debate has finished may be asked in the Ask the Government thread.

This thread will remain open for approximately 48 hours.

For those asking MR a question, please tag him as it makes things easier in terms of him seeing it.

If you have any questions about what the hell is going on, feel free to contact me.
Last edited by Andrew97; 4 weeks ago
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
PMQs is an "absolute farce" :rolleyes:
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
PMQs is an "absolute farce" :rolleyes:
In real life, most probably yes, however this is a Model House of Commons, not real life (we are effectively playing politics) this won’t be a farce. Feel free to ask the TSR Pm anything you wish.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
In real life, most probably yes, however this is a Model House of Commons, not real life (we are effectively playing politics) this won’t be a farce. Feel free to ask the TSR Pm anything you wish.
Ik ik atleast theres none of that cheering n jeering goin on :rofl:
Ayt lemme have a good think of what i'm going to ask
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Ik ik atleast theres none of that cheering n jeering goin on :rofl:
Ayyyyyyye Hear Hear oiiiii :shakecane:
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Ayyyyyyye Hear Hear oiiiii :shakecane:
Nothing tops it without John Bercows "Orderrrrr orderrr" :lol:
Baron of Sealand
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you Mr Speaker.

What will the Prime Minister do to secure to release of the Trade and Investment Office at the British Consulate-General in Hong Kong, who we detained more than 10 days ago by Chinese authorities in Shenzhen in an unknown location for unknown reasons?

Given that China has detained multiple diplomats, including a Canadian-Hungarian diplomat and now one from the UK, how will the government cope with the risks of their staff being detained without cause by the Chinese government? Keep also in mind that expatriate teachers detained by China is currently also surging in number.

Following the call from the Chair of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, Lt Col Tom Tugendhat, will the government consider a pathway for British nationals overseas to obtain British citizenship either to show responsibility for currently abandoned British nationals, or as a humanitarian gesture?

Considering the collapsing population of cod fish in British waters, whey will the government do to protect such an iconic British fish while still letting people have the traditional British fish and chips?
username4911280
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mr. Speaker - There has been great debate about inequality in education with grammar schools. Both Labour and the Liberal Democrats have stated that it fuels inequality in society. Despite this, research has shown that grammar schools have enabled bright students from poor backgrounds to gain a decent education and the number of working class students going to Oxbridge has increased as a result.

Where does the PM @04MR17 stand on grammar schools and protests to remove them from our education system?
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
AD for leader of The Opposition!
Boris gets no question right!
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
Thank you Mr Speaker.

What will the Prime Minister do to secure to release of the Trade and Investment Office at the British Consulate-General in Hong Kong, who we detained more than 10 days ago by Chinese authorities in Shenzhen in an unknown location for unknown reasons?

Given that China has detained multiple diplomats, including a Canadian-Hungarian diplomat and now one from the UK, how will the government cope with the risks of their staff being detained without cause by the Chinese government? Keep also in mind that expatriate teachers detained by China is currently also surging in number.

Following the call from the Chair of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, Lt Col Tom Tugendhat, will the government consider a pathway for British nationals overseas to obtain British citizenship either to show responsibility for currently abandoned British nationals, or as a humanitarian gesture?

Considering the collapsing population of cod fish in British waters, whey will the government do to protect such an iconic British fish while still letting people have the traditional British fish and chips?
I will be working with the foreign secretary to find a solution to this important matter as soon as possible. It is very distressing to hear of anyone being detained without given reasons.

The government will review the diplomats currently at risk from Chinese aggression and take any necessary steps to better maintain their safety. The government will not tolerate detaining of our diplomats without cause.

This is something we can look into and if feasible it's something I'd like to see put before the house.

There are plenty of other fish varieties which are suitable to eat with chips, Haddock being another popular option and my personal preference. Given the harm caused to the environment by the fishing industry I can't offer any loosening of fishing laws to allow more cod to be served alongside chips.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _polaroid)
Mr. Speaker - There has been great debate about inequality in education with grammar schools. Both Labour and the Liberal Democrats have stated that it fuels inequality in society. Despite this, research has shown that grammar schools have enabled bright students from poor backgrounds to gain a decent education and the number of working class students going to Oxbridge has increased as a result.

Where does the PM @04MR17 stand on grammar schools and protests to remove them from our education system?
Grammar schools are more a geographic issue than one concerning their structure in my mind. I see very little wrong with the principle of an academic, classroom based education for students who would suit that kind of environment and will likely attend university in the future, and I'd encourage any students of this nature (and I used the word nature deliberately) to try to attend this kind of institution if they're able to, and if it would be suitable for them.

However, often grammar schools can be found in more affluent middle class areas of towns and cities and can easily be used to maintain social hierarchies rather than transcend them. If grammar schools are dominated by middle class students they do not fulfil their argued purpose of social mobility. Many poorer families struggle to afford the costs of getting very bright and academically able students to these schools and as such, this government will not b approving any new grammar schools.

They will not be removed from our education system, but they will not grow either.
username4911280
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Grammar schools are more a geographic issue than one concerning their structure in my mind. I see very little wrong with the principle of an academic, classroom based education for students who would suit that kind of environment and will likely attend university in the future, and I'd encourage any students of this nature (and I used the word nature deliberately) to try to attend this kind of institution if they're able to, and if it would be suitable for them.

However, often grammar schools can be found in more affluent middle class areas of towns and cities and can easily be used to maintain social hierarchies rather than transcend them. If grammar schools are dominated by middle class students they do not fulfil their argued purpose of social mobility. Many poorer families struggle to afford the costs of getting very bright and academically able students to these schools and as such, this government will not b approving any new grammar schools.

They will not be removed from our education system, but they will not grow either.
Mr. Speaker - The PM @04MR17 makes it clear that they feel it is a geographic issue, yet refuses to grow them in our education system. Wouldn't common sense not dictate that, if their structure is sound as the PM has agreed, we should invest in expanding them to poorer areas so that working class families can access the same institutions as the middle classes?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _polaroid)
Mr. Speaker - The PM @04MR17 makes it clear that they feel it is a geographic issue, yet refuses to grow them in our education system. Wouldn't common sense not dictate that, if their structure is sound as the PM has agreed, we should invest in expanding them to poorer areas so that working class families can access the same institutions as the middle classes?
I didn't say the structure is sound at all, please don't put words in my mouth.

The same kind of education as a grammar school has slowly tried to be implemented into all state comprehensives, and the results aren't good for a number of reasons, the big one being that not every child needs the same kind of school. Expanding schools without huge population increases requires other schools to be closed, which really isn't a good idea right now.

So in answer to your follow up, no, it is not common sense.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I will be working with the foreign secretary to find a solution to this important matter as soon as possible. It is very distressing to hear of anyone being detained without given reasons.

The government will review the diplomats currently at risk from Chinese aggression and take any necessary steps to better maintain their safety. The government will not tolerate detaining of our diplomats without cause.

This is something we can look into and if feasible it's something I'd like to see put before the house.

There are plenty of other fish varieties which are suitable to eat with chips, Haddock being another popular option and my personal preference. Given the harm caused to the environment by the fishing industry I can't offer any loosening of fishing laws to allow more cod to be served alongside chips.
Do you have specific actions? The Canadian diplomat is still detained after so many months. For example, expanding diplomatic missions so they would include accommodation for all staff, cutting staff in China, letting all staff use diplomatic vehicles, complain formally to an international court or organisation, retaliation against Chinese diplomats in the UK etc?

I look forward to your proposals regarding rescuing our detained diplomat.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mr Speaker,

Education is a vital part of the role of government, and hence I wish to ask the Prime Minister, 04MR17, surrounding his proposals for the funding of higher education, and the tuition fee regime his government will enforce or develop?

Our departure from the European Union can be a catalyst for much needed reform in the UK's immigration regime, if done well. What action will the government take, if any, to develop an appropriate regime, rewarding talent internationally and ensuring the prosperous growth of our great industries?

Cases of measles are on the rise, especially in the most vulnerable. Given that under ones cannot be vaccinated and rely on the principle of 'herd immunity', will the Government admit education has failed, and that it is time for more 'direct' action?

Tensions are reaching new heights in the Middle East, with Iran continuing to be globally antagonistic. Will this government be prepared to stand up to the repressive nation state and continue to defend the British values of personal liberty, freedom and tolerance globally - regardless of pressure, regardless of cost?

The current welfare system is defunct, and bloated. What is the government's position on well-needed reform, ensuring that at all times 'work really does pays'?

We, as a society, must continue to reward talent and hard work. Will the government positively review the current taxation system to make this so?
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mr Speaker, my question is a simple one; does the right honourable gentleman believe that his government and his newly appointed chancellor of the exchequer has the capacity to produce a budget and/or a comprehensive finance bill before this term closes?

04MR17
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
By the way, I believe the Speaker has made a mistake.

"The Leader of the Opposition ns_2 is allowed to answer 6 questions"

Given that this isn't the Leader of the Opposition's Questions, I don't believe the Leader of the Opposition is answering any questions.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
By the way, I believe the Speaker has made a mistake.

"The Leader of the Opposition ns_2 is allowed to answer 6 questions"

Given that this isn't the Leader of the Opposition's Questions, I don't believe the Leader of the Opposition is answering any questions.
Edited my good man.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Edited my good man.
Thank you Mr Speaker for calling me a good man.

I hope I will be considered for a speakership knighthood.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Mr Speaker, my question is a simple one; does the right honourable gentleman believe that his government and his newly appointed chancellor of the exchequer has the capacity to produce a budget and/or a comprehensive finance bill before this term closes?

04MR17
I'm not going to flat out promise that a budget will make the floor, since that would put a lot of pressure on my Chancellor and it's not wholly my decision, but the possibility is certainly there and we have started discussing this internally. It'd be nice to see a budget on the floor and I hope my government will be able to deliver one. So it's certainly not a no.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
9%
Disagree (5)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (31)
31%
Agree (40)
40%
Strongly Agree (15)
15%

Watched Threads