The Student Room Group

HSE (health and safety executive) Trainee Health and safety inspector

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackisback
Congrats to you and @TomThumb9000!

Cheers,

Got my formal offer letter today btw. Start on April 15th.
Original post by jackisback
Congrats to you and @TomThumb9000!

Hi,

Thanks it has been such a long process I'm just very happy that I finally got my contract yesterday.

How are you finding the RTP so far?
Reply 282
Hi. Congratulations on receiving contracts. I've just received mine too after being on the reserve list.

Im an external candidate. It seems very strange to sign a contract for a place of work I've never seen, no clue what the favilities are like, what the dress code is or how annual leave might work around the RTP. Do you have any insights?
Original post by hulfan
Hi. Congratulations on receiving contracts. I've just received mine too after being on the reserve list.

Im an external candidate. It seems very strange to sign a contract for a place of work I've never seen, no clue what the favilities are like, what the dress code is or how annual leave might work around the RTP. Do you have any insights?
Hi,

Congratulations!

What office will you be based out of? In Bootle the dress code isn't a big deal, I tend to stick to smart casual as it makes life easier if I have to go out on a visit unexpectedly.

Annual leave for me have been very easy to sort out, there are specific training sessions I need to attend but most have multiple options in terms of dates etc.

Again I can only talk about Redgrave Court, the facilities are brilliant, multi-organisation shared building, lots of training rooms etc, really nice coffee shop and canteen. Parking is usually pretty simple, there are the odd day that the office is really busy and you might be really unlucky and not get a space.

I know the York building pretty well but they are the only ones I know much about sorry. York has a big issue in terms of not enough parking and you will have to get in early to grab a spot.

Hope that is helpful.
Reply 284
Original post by Civilserv
Hi,

Congratulations!

What office will you be based out of? In Bootle the dress code isn't a big deal, I tend to stick to smart casual as it makes life easier if I have to go out on a visit unexpectedly.

Annual leave for me have been very easy to sort out, there are specific training sessions I need to attend but most have multiple options in terms of dates etc.

Again I can only talk about Redgrave Court, the facilities are brilliant, multi-organisation shared building, lots of training rooms etc, really nice coffee shop and canteen. Parking is usually pretty simple, there are the odd day that the office is really busy and you might be really unlucky and not get a space.

I know the York building pretty well but they are the only ones I know much about sorry. York has a big issue in terms of not enough parking and you will have to get in early to grab a spot.

Hope that is helpful.
Thank you so much for your response. I will be based at Crewe...so not a million miles away.

Im wondering if to ask if I can visit, but worried they might think that odd. Not sure that my references have been followed up either so as my start date is 15th April and I only need to give 1 months notice I'm not quite sure what to say at my current work!

Very exciting though, such a long process...I was on the reserve list in 2022 as well but never heard anything and I expected this would be the same.

Do you know much about the pension side of things? is the Alpha one the better of the two?
Original post by hulfan
Thank you so much for your response. I will be based at Crewe...so not a million miles away.

Im wondering if to ask if I can visit, but worried they might think that odd. Not sure that my references have been followed up either so as my start date is 15th April and I only need to give 1 months notice I'm not quite sure what to say at my current work!

Very exciting though, such a long process...I was on the reserve list in 2022 as well but never heard anything and I expected this would be the same.

Do you know much about the pension side of things? is the Alpha one the better of the two?
I can ask about the Crewe office for you but it might take a few days to get a response. I can't see why there would be any issue with asking to see the building etc.

If there is any problems with the references they should have told you by now. You should email recruitment for confirmation they have been recieved.

I know the reserve list is based on a score ranking, I think it is only 1-2 people taken for each area during each round of recruitment so I can imagine there was a lot of people who managed to pass the assessment centre but then still missed out, glad that you got there this go around, Crewe looks like a good location too looking at the area maps of each inspection team.

I am on the Alpha one, but tbh I don't really know much, I have been able to add my partner etc so that has all worked out and I'm happy with it. Sorry I can't be much more help with it.
Reply 286
Original post by Civilserv
I can ask about the Crewe office for you but it might take a few days to get a response. I can't see why there would be any issue with asking to see the building etc.

If there is any problems with the references they should have told you by now. You should email recruitment for confirmation they have been recieved.

I know the reserve list is based on a score ranking, I think it is only 1-2 people taken for each area during each round of recruitment so I can imagine there was a lot of people who managed to pass the assessment centre but then still missed out, glad that you got there this go around, Crewe looks like a good location too looking at the area maps of each inspection team.

I am on the Alpha one, but tbh I don't really know much, I have been able to add my partner etc so that has all worked out and I'm happy with it. Sorry I can't be much more help with it.
That would be fantastic (if it's no trouble to you)thank you, I feel like I'm walking in completely blind whereas in all previous job roles I have seen the premises and met the management team (at the very least).

And thanks for still connecting with this forum, it's great to connect with people that we will likely be on training with at some point.

I checked with recruitment and they are happy with all the HMRC checks reference-wise.

Pensions are so difficult to understand and very much down to personal preference/circumstances, thanks for your input, will see what further info I can find out about it all.
Original post by hulfan

Congrats! What score did you get on the questions?
Reply 288
Original post by allergicbumble
Congrats! What score did you get on the questions?
Thanks. Which questions?
Original post by hulfan
That would be fantastic (if it's no trouble to you)thank you, I feel like I'm walking in completely blind whereas in all previous job roles I have seen the premises and met the management team (at the very least).
And thanks for still connecting with this forum, it's great to connect with people that we will likely be on training with at some point.
I checked with recruitment and they are happy with all the HMRC checks reference-wise.
Pensions are so difficult to understand and very much down to personal preference/circumstances, thanks for your input, will see what further info I can find out about it all.
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I asked around the office about the Crewe office, according to one of the inspectors who has recently transferred from there the parking can be a nightmare.

She said the building is fine but is pretty basic in comparison to Bootle. However she did say that her old PI was never in the office much so the team was rarely there and everyone worked heavily from home.

Sorry there isn't much info I can give you, I looked into who the PI in Crewe is and it seems like a decent group with some nice people, pretty large area to cover but other than that I think it seems like a nice option.
Anyone at the Personal Safety training in Basingstoke on the 14th and 15th? If so might see you there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending