Are normal guys afraid of gay guys? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I come across to many as being a gay boy and wonder is this why initially normal guys are very hesitant and and unsure when interacting with and getting to know me?

Like is this a thing, do normal guys think being seen with/talking to a gay guy will harm their reputation or are they uncomfortable around them?

Just interested to hear honest thoughts on this
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Never personally been bothered.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I come across to many as being a gay boy and wonder is this why initially normal guys are very hesitant and and unsure when interacting with and getting to know me?

Like is this a thing, do normal guys think being seen with/talking to a gay guy will harm their reputation or are they uncomfortable around them?

Are you gay?

I dont think heterosexual guys are afraid homosexual guys.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

If i'm being completely honest [as i like being honest and not just give the most politically correct answer for reps and popularity], I wouldn't be too keen in getting to know a guy who was sterotypically gay

main reason being people like to jump to conclusions and gossip, and having not seriously dated anyone in a while people are gonna think i'm batting for the other team, spread rumous ...and most likely i'll start recieving homophobic abuse [at the very least behind my back]
Last edited by ANM775; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ll try my best to avoid talking to him... I find them a little creepy to be close to, but more importantly I don’t want my peers to judge me🥺
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Mostly your feminine gayboys are just really ****ing irritating, is all. It's hard to describe... a lot of it seems like an affectation, and it's just infuriating.

There's nothing to be afraid of in gay guys though. As Jackie Mason (Jewish standup) once said, what's the worst that he'll want to do - make love to you? Tell him your busy... or do what your wife does, say you've got a headache.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It'a a completely irrational fear. Just like a fear of wide open spaces is irrational. Or fear of enclosed areas.

Nevertheless, people do have irrational fears. You are more likely to find this fear amongst boys than men. Schoolboys instead of working men. Part of that is down to the "wanting to be just like everyone else" sheep type desire that the vast majority of school children have.

I personally take it as a mild compliment if anyone thinks that I'm gay. As it implies that I'm polite / cultured / gentle / non-macho / someone that women feel comfortable talking to without feeling that I'm trying to hit on them.
And I know what my sexual preferences are and don't care what any other men think my sexual preferences are.
a1.weirdo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Firstly even as a heterosexual man I feel its kind of insulting to refer to the straight ones as normal and the gay ones essentially as not normal. And there's no need to fear anyone in life imo.
Mark-987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I think some are concerned about it impacting on the image they project (usually macho/laddish).
I also think it depends where in the country you are. In Brighton I believe it’s less of a thing than perhaps other parts of the country.
I have several gay male/female friends.
asif007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The only reason I would keep my distance from someone, whether they’re gay or not, is if they’re being excessively touchy and flamboyant. I have a few gay friends who aren’t like this at all and who I can have normal conversations with. In my experiences it’s usually straight/bisexual guys who behave more like this for some ulterior motive like trying to psych people out.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Maybe in the 1950s it would have harmed my image but happily we have moved on since then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.79%
Disagree (5)
6.49%
Neither agree or disagree (20)
25.97%
Agree (32)
41.56%
Strongly Agree (14)
18.18%

Watched Threads