Guy64
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi I’m just starting a NC electrical engineering course at Glasgow Clyde college and then intend to follow it by doing a two year HND on electrical and electronic engineering course. My question is could I then use that to go to Glasgow uni to study physics?
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Guy64)
Hi I’m just starting a NC electrical engineering course at Glasgow Clyde college and then intend to follow it by doing a two year HND on electrical and electronic engineering course. My question is could I then use that to go to Glasgow uni to study physics?
You'd be best to check with Glasgow University to see what they say.
2500_2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Guy64)
Their website says:

The University of Glasgow welcomes applications from students who have studied (or are currently studying) Higher National qualifications at Further Education colleges. All HN applicants the University are required to attend and pass the University of Glasgow Summer School. This will be made a condition of any offers made.
As with all entry qualifications, HN qualifications must have been awarded within 7 years of the date of entry to the University to be accepted as meeting entry requirements.

and for physics/astronomy:
HNC or HND in Applied Science, Engineering and several others (consult with Admissions department)
Grade B in Higher Maths AND Physics also required.
Access is to 1st year only whether HNC or HND.
Guy64
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2500_2)
Their website says:

The University of Glasgow welcomes applications from students who have studied (or are currently studying) Higher National qualifications at Further Education colleges. All HN applicants the University are required to attend and pass the University of Glasgow Summer School. This will be made a condition of any offers made.
As with all entry qualifications, HN qualifications must have been awarded within 7 years of the date of entry to the University to be accepted as meeting entry requirements.

and for physics/astronomy:
HNC or HND in Applied Science, Engineering and several others (consult with Admissions department)
Grade B in Higher Maths AND Physics also required.
Access is to 1st year only whether HNC or HND.
Yeah I found that after I posted this but the only problem is that even if I was successful with the HND I don’t have the Highers they are asking for. I’ll probably just get in contact with them to see my options. I would be perfect for me as I live 2 minutes away. Thanks for the reply.
Guy64
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
You'd be best to check with Glasgow University to see what they say.
Yeah that’s what I’m going to do. Thanks for the reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (290)
60.42%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.79%