The Student Room Group

ALEVEL

I need some help.
I am currently in yr 12 going into yr13 this September. However I am already a yr behind because I moved schools and this yr I didn’t do as well as I hoped.
I took chemistry, biology and R.E
I got a D in Chem D in bio but a couple marks off a C so getting that remarked and resitting one paper and a B for R.E.
Now I am thinking of dropping Chem so I will only carry on with 2 alevels and trying to see if my school will let me do welsh bac in one yr as some universities accept that or I was also adviced to look into taking a betc that would be possible to complete in one yr.
Original post by aroundtheworld00
I need some help.
I am currently in yr 12 going into yr13 this September. However I am already a yr behind because I moved schools and this yr I didn’t do as well as I hoped.
I took chemistry, biology and R.E
I got a D in Chem D in bio but a couple marks off a C so getting that remarked and resitting one paper and a B for R.E.
Now I am thinking of dropping Chem so I will only carry on with 2 alevels and trying to see if my school will let me do welsh bac in one yr as some universities accept that or I was also adviced to look into taking a betc that would be possible to complete in one yr.

This all depends on what you want to do in university. If you are looking to complete your studies in one year, have you considered online distance learning? The National Extension College offer flexible online courses that mean you could take A levels in a year (https://www.nec.ac.uk/fast-track/). Welsh Bac is useful in some circumstances but again this depends on what you are looking to do in university.

Best wishes,
Charlotte

Quick Reply

Latest