The Student Room Group

Do colleges care about things like going from Physics HL to SL on transcript

Scroll to see replies

Original post by reyenreyen
(Original post by wolfmoon88)Solid 7 SL is better because I assume you'll do better in your other HL subjects (HL Maths, Computer Science?, and replacement for Physics).

@wolfmoon88
I'm working for a 6 in math HL (currently predicted 5), I working for 7 in econ HL (currently predicted 6), and if I make my ITGS HL that's a guaranteed predicted 7.

Does your reasoning still stand? a physics SL 7

Are you only applying to US universities? if you are also applying to UK unis or elsewhere you may need a maths and a science because Econ often does not qualify as a science... and ITGS does not qualify as well afaik. For US universities, I think SL Physics 7 still applies if you can get higher predicteds in Maths and Econ HL.
Reply 21
Original post by wolfmoon88
Are you only applying to US universities? if you are also applying to UK unis or elsewhere you may need a maths and a science because Econ often does not qualify as a science... and ITGS does not qualify as well afaik. For US universities, I think SL Physics 7 still applies if you can get higher predicteds in Maths and Econ HL.

@wolfmoon88 I really just want to know this piece of information for U.S universities. This is my last question.

is a Physics SL 7 = to Physics HL 5? or is it rather Physics SL 7 > Physics HL 5 or rather Physics SL 7 < Physics HL 5

Ignore the fact about if my other class's predicteds will increase, etc.. Which statement is true just by itself.. Is a Physics SL 7 valued more, less, or equally to a Physics HL 5...
All you need to know is if I'm applying as a CS major at a U.S university how would the university look at it..
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by reyenreyen
@wolfmoon88 I really just want to know this piece of information for U.S universities. This is my last question.

is a Physics SL 7 = to Physics HL 5? or is it rather Physics SL 7 > Physics HL 5 or rather Physics SL 7 < Physics HL 5

Ignore the fact about if my other class's predicteds will increase, etc.. Which statement is true just by itself.. Is a Physics SL 7 valued more, less, or equally to a Physics HL 5...
All you need to know is if I'm applying as a CS major at a U.S university how would the university look at it..

You are trying to make me answer the question in a manner that would not be accurate; the statements cannot be true in itself without considering your entire situation... US universities will look at your entire academic transcript holistically.

Different universities also have different policies (as a lot of great US unis are private and there is a federal govt. system so public unis from different states have varying policies as well. Your major doesn't really matter for a lot of US universities; unless you are applying to Berkeley (sure there are other universities as well) where declaring for CS major is hella difficult. In that case, if you cannot get a 6 in HL Physics you would not be competitive anyways. Some US unis would applaud you taking the plunge into HL Physics... some would prefer to just look at the raw scores and decide based on that.

The US university in question will not think about this decision one dimensionally in terms of a direct comparison and you shouldn't as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending