Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In regards to academic studies.
study_blr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who are you jealous of specifically?

Your competition should always be yourself. Be the best version of you. If you go from a C to a B, you have beat your competition for example. If you're jealous of others in your class/course, you need to remember that they're not going to be there for your results day, your uni place, etc. Your studies should be personal to you and you need to focus on yourself.

Maybe use that jealousy as motivation? To prove to them you can work hard and get good grades. Perhaps you have an inflated perception of your intelligence if you are jealous of others' intelligence. Spend less time on them, more time on increasing your knowledge.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by study_blr)

Your competition should always be yourself. Be the best version of you. If you go from a C to a B, you have beat your competition for example. If you're jealous of others in your class/course, you need to remember that they're not going to be there for your results day, your uni place, etc. Your studies should be personal to you and you need to focus on yourself.

Maybe use that jealousy as motivation? To prove to them you can work hard and get good grades. Perhaps you have an inflated perception of your intelligence if you are jealous of others' intelligence. Spend less time on them, more time on increasing your knowledge.
I’m not jealous, others are, I can sense it. Like my so called friend doesn’t like seeing me happy. When I say I am happy after an exam all she does is stare and she sounds jealous of me just because I get one grade higher, but there are people better than me academically and she is happy for them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by study_blr)

My sister is jealous because she did a btec, she’s jealous of anyone meeting their firm offers and doesn’t say anything when she hears someone done well. I feel like because there are a lot of jealous people in this world, maybe we should avoid telling people our grades. I feel like other people’s jealousy is having an impact on my subject knowledge and I am beginning to struggle because of that, my average has dipped.
study_blr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m not jealous, others are, I can sense it. Like my so called friend doesn’t like seeing me happy. When I say I am happy after an exam all she does is stare and she sounds jealous of me just because I get one grade higher, but there are people better than me academically and she is happy for them.
Ahh, them. I've had a whole group of them I called "friends" and I would tell them I got my grade results back, she would never ever say congrats but to others she did. I found out she was talking about me behind my back. My solution is, drop the fake friends or just avoid telling them your grades altogether. Some people just like seeing you fail. Don't let them win. Real friends are just as happy for your success as you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.76%
I don't have everything I need (294)
43.24%

Watched Threads