The Student Room Group

"Best pals"

I and my ex are best friends. Things are super with us! Like wow. I've never seen him so happy. He's talking to another girl...so he's moved on...I haven't.

But. what kind of best friend knows what they look like naked? Or know how to make each other horny? It's just a bit weird...trying to act normal with him is just so tricky.

Please tell me I'm not the only one here
Original post by Anonymous
I and my ex are best friends. Things are super with us! Like wow. I've never seen him so happy. He's talking to another girl...so he's moved on...I haven't.

But. what kind of best friend knows what they look like naked? Or know how to make each other horny? It's just a bit weird...trying to act normal with him is just so tricky.

Please tell me I'm not the only one here

The fact that you say you haven't moved on rings alarm bells for me. I can't imagine how this friendship is going to work and be fair on either of you. From your perspective, you are likely going to get hurt and for him, it might disrupt his new relationships as I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel dating a guy who had his ex as his best mate who clearly wasn't over him. I still care for my exs but I'm not in their lives. It's always been natural to move on and disconnect as there will always be something there unless it ended really horrifically. That's just my opinion though. I hope you figure it out and don't end up getting hurt. Good luck! x
Reply 2
Original post by nulogicsound
The fact that you say you haven't moved on rings alarm bells for me. I can't imagine how this friendship is going to work and be fair on either of you. From your perspective, you are likely going to get hurt and for him, it might disrupt his new relationships as I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel dating a guy who had his ex as his best mate who clearly wasn't over him. I still care for my exs but I'm not in their lives. It's always been natural to move on and disconnect as there will always be something there unless it ended really horrifically. That's just my opinion though. I hope you figure it out and don't end up getting hurt. Good luck! x

Thank you so much! :smile: Yeah ik it's a bit...odd. And I really hope I don't :smile: thanks!!! x
this happened to me. they were determined to keep me in their life and I wanted them in mine. But it hurt so so much to sit on the sideline and have them tell me details of them getting with other people. I think you need to step back and cut off contact for a bit, because it stopped me moving on and I honestly felt better with them out of my life
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
this happened to me. they were determined to keep me in their life and I wanted them in mine. But it hurt so so much to sit on the sideline and have them tell me details of them getting with other people. I think you need to step back and cut off contact for a bit, because it stopped me moving on and I honestly felt better with them out of my life

Omg Ik same! Cannot agree more! I hate when he keeps going on and on about his new love (my ****ing best friend). Ik it's definitely holding me back, it's reminding me of the old times. But when I don't talk to him I'm super happy and I'm talking to all my friends, just got to wait till he leaves for the training for the army

Quick Reply

Latest