The Student Room Group

Physics A level vs Philosophy A Level

Next year I plan on taking Maths, Biology and Chemistry as well as Physics or Philosophy but I can't seem to choose between the two.

I think that I am relatively adept at Religous Studies GCSE (although I have yet to gain my results) but I'm not sure if the knowledge (Christianity) and skills are necessarily applicable to A-Level Philosophy and I'm not sure if it's useful as a subject for my future (in a science field) and I have heard it's pretty time consuming.

In the case of Physics, it seems to be a more valuable subject and one more applicable to future university application and careers, I do have some interest in the subject and I do understand why its seen as more valuable. However, I've never felt its come as easy to me as other things and I feel like the A level may be too much of a challenge for me and that it may require a deeper interest to do well in.

I'm just generally confused on what to choose any advice would be appreciated :smile:
I would say if your worried that physics is to hard don’t do it I thought it was easy at GCSE and then found the a-level difficult - you already have 3 choices that relate to science so that’s good enough for unis so if you like the idea of philosophy then go for it there is no need to pick physics here as bio chem and maths would do it :smile:
Reply 2
Which unis (roughly) are you planning on applying to and which courses?

Quick Reply

Latest