JMANN4o1ll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If to be able to study a subject requires you to get grade 5 in your English Language, is there a chance you can still study it if you get a grade 4 and not grade 5?
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JMANN4o1ll)
If to be able to study a subject requires you to get grade 5 in your English Language, is there a chance you can still study it if you get a grade 4 and not grade 5?
Yeah your school may not let you come back for Sixth form and it might affect the subjects you choose if your school sticks to giving your choices by APS points, also it might affect what course you want to do at uni. i.e. you cant do medicine w/ a level 5 in english or law either. Probably affects other courses too, I am not sure as I am a med applicant. Certain schools will accept you w/a 4, some wont. So yeah purely depends. I know several of my friends got a 4 and they had to move to another school as my school doesn't accept that or they had to change their ideal course.
JMANN4o1ll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok. it's just because if I wanted to study Physics I need a level 5 in English lang, and I'm unsure if I'll get it and may get like a 4 so I was just wondering if I will still be able to study it. I'm still unsure with what I want to do at uni at the moment, but I know what subjects I want to do at a-level. I guess it depends on the college itself. it's not done by APS points, I'm unsure on what that is and probably would have got told about it.
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JMANN4o1ll)
ok. it's just because if I wanted to study Physics I need a level 5 in English lang, and I'm unsure if I'll get it and may get like a 4 so I was just wondering if I will still be able to study it. I'm still unsure with what I want to do at uni at the moment, but I know what subjects I want to do at a-level. I guess it depends on the college itself. it's not done by APS points, I'm unsure on what that is and probably would have got told about it.
You need to check the unis website for the physics course and see your requirements tbh, for a level idk depends how many science subjects you wanna take these include: "bio, chem,maths,further maths, computer science, economics, physics, psychology" so depending on ur grades they might let you take a certain amount of science subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.81%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.64%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.6%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.74%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.21%

Watched Threads