The Student Room Group

Making own notes for A level Chemistry and Physics

Hi. So I'm about to start A Level Chemistry and Physics.
Do you think it would be helpful if I make own notes from the books?
As they would exclude all irrelevant information and will be easier to learn.
Reply 1
Well I'd say that its good to read through the book and make notes on it but I would say its extremely important to do past paper questions
Reply 2
yep do it. cut out anything irrelevant, use the spec, be brutal. anything irrelevant, get rid of it. however the CGP does this already quite well (dont listen to people who say its only good enough for a C, the cgp + papers is easily enough for A*) so if you cba to make notes, just buy the cgp and use that

plus do papers. all of them.
Original post by Knightrises10
Hi. So I'm about to start A Level Chemistry and Physics.
Do you think it would be helpful if I make own notes from the books?
As they would exclude all irrelevant information and will be easier to learn.

I didn't actually look at anything really but chemrevise notes and the notes I made on stuff that just needed a bit more detail in these notes for Chemistry. Physics is a tricky one bc initially you have a lot of information which by the end you can sum up in just a couple lines so you may find yourself writing out way too many notes initially. I would still try and make concise but thorough notes for physics as you can.
Do some basic notes so you understand the topic enough first (cgp is very good at step by step explanations and practice qs so use this if you can!) then I’d say just start doing whatever practice qs you have. I used machemguy on YouTube who’s super helpful and goes though everything you need to know and exam qs too, alongside past papers from p+mtutor

Quick Reply

Latest