happybunny1325
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How far is the walk from the main whiteknights campus to bridges halls?
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by happybunny1325)
How far is the walk from the main whiteknights campus to bridges halls?
Hi,

I stayed in Bridges during my first year, and it was approximately a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of campus.

If you have any questions about the halls itself or the University life, please feel free to reach out.

Delia
3rd Year Business and Management (Placement) Student
happybunny1325
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UniofReading)
Hi,

I stayed in Bridges during my first year, and it was approximately a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of campus.

If you have any questions about the halls itself or the University life, please feel free to reach out.

Delia
Thanks for the reply. Did you like bridges halls - was it a lively atmosphere.
Where were your lectures for your course and did you feel it was a long walk especially since I think a lot of the other halls are a lot closer?

Is bridges the furthest away from the centre of campus?

Thank you
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by happybunny1325)
Thanks for the reply. Did you like bridges halls - was it a lively atmosphere.
Where were your lectures for your course and did you feel it was a long walk especially since I think a lot of the other halls are a lot closer?

Is bridges the furthest away from the centre of campus?

Thank you
Hi,

I really enjoyed my first year in halls - and loved being in Bridges. Being amongst an accommodation block with so many people (as Bridges houses many students) created a really great atmosphere. The flats are shared with 10 people and the blocks themselves create a very close community feel. Many of my friends were in different flats on different floors - and its so easy to move around to see and meet everyone during the first few weeks.

We had a great, friendly and sociable scene, with your JCR's really helping in the first months, through organising events during welcome week. Bridges definitely gets involved in all this, and as said previously, with the huge amount of people there, you should find people you really get on with.

I study BA Business and Management, as this is a massively popular course, our lectures and seminars were split across campus in different departments. These ranged from the Business School to Edith Morley to our most common lecture theatre (Palmer). You may find whatever course you do, you're lectures can be taught anywhere on campus, but this is absolutely fine and is easily adapted to when you find your feet on campus. Therefore, in terms of looking at halls I would say Bridges is relatively close to the centre of campus, being about a ten minute walk. Bridges and Wessex are the only two accommodation blocks on west side of campus, as other accommodation tends to be around Park group (closer to the sports fields). However these also are about a ten minute walk away from campus central, so Bridges really isn't that far compared to anything else, with many other blocks being even further away (likes of Sherfield and Kendrick).

If you have any other questions about Bridges, Reading Uni itself or the Business School courses, please feel free! I should be able to answer your questions.

Delia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Reading
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.43%
Disagree (4)
7.55%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.3%
Agree (18)
33.96%
Strongly Agree (11)
20.75%

Watched Threads