The Student Room Group

How could we abolish predicted grades?

It's likely that you've heard of Labour's plan to abolish the predicted grades system, which I'm all for since I was a bit screwed over by it, plus it's just logical and most students don't get what they're predicted; but how could we implement a new system whereby prospective students could apply with the grades they've already achieved?
Original post by fatdogmendoza
It's likely that you've heard of Labour's plan to abolish the predicted grades system, which I'm all for since I was a bit screwed over by it, plus it's just logical and most students don't get what they're predicted; but how could we implement a new system whereby prospective students could apply with the grades they've already achieved?

I doubt we really can as it will involved changing school and exam dates and starting dates for university. We could reintroduce National AS levels and the universities could make offers based on those thereby getting rid of the current predicted grades system.
Original post by swanseajack1
I doubt we really can as it will involved changing school and exam dates and starting dates for university. We could reintroduce National AS levels and the universities could make offers based on those thereby getting rid of the current predicted grades system.

My school still does the AS, but not the way they used to do them, exam boards still give out the actual as papers and it counts as your AS grade but doesnt count towards the next year and my school gives those grades and grades based off how you performed during the year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending