Isaac12321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve done gcse business at high school but am also intrigued by economics. I like maths but I’ve heard economics isn’t as numbers based as one might think. Just wanted to know other opinions/experiences so I have a better understanding of what to do at a level
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Econ is lovely and not very numbers based! 100% do econ over business, its much more respected
Isaac12321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What sort of things is it about then?
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Isaac12321)
What sort of things is it about then?
Macroeconomics is about looking at the global economy and U.K. economy as a whole, looking at performance indicators like inflation, unemployment, balance of payments, trade etc. Need to be on top of the news and current socio/political/economic context

microeconomics is more focussed on individual goods , services and products. Looking at demand and supply and how the market regulates itself. Also a large aspect is on the topic of market failure, involving looking at things like merit goods and public goods. A lot of graphs to learn.
username2337813
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sports10 rebirth)
Mate i have done GCSE OCR Economics - and that is quite a wishy woshy answer of the definition of Economics especially if its only worth 2 marks 0/2 for you fine gentleman
Good for you pal 👏 have a medal x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.56%
I'm not sure (46)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.69%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (513)
48.81%

Watched Threads