The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by f3n_txt
Title says it all, why do you hate us? We did nothing to you! We just want to be friends and even girlfriends with you all. And you all avoid us like the plague! As a 5'8 boy myself, I can't stand it, you are being so damn disgusting because you won't date someone who is under 6ft>.

Wow I don’t think it’s your height that puts girls off I think it’s your sad rants which you hope will make people pity you.
Don’t generalise a gender to one pronoun- ‘you’, which no doubt you meant to be accusatory to any girl who reads this post.
I’m a girl and I read this post and all I can say is that if you find us ‘damn disgusting’ then I don’t understand why you care enough to rant about it.
Move on and watch us date guys who are not 6 foot tall but who are not ***kheads
I think it’s a bit hypocritical to say that?

A lot of men are under 6ft, 5’8 is an okay size. Girls are not being “disgusting”, it’s not always about the height of a man.
oooooOOOOOooooo
Why do guys hate tall girls? Same thing could be said. Truth is no one hates you, you're just not a preference. I'm a tall girl, so I know.
It’s really not that deep. I’m sure you also have some preferences when choosing a mate. If they want someone tall so what?
Reply 6
What's with the generalisation? Not all of us have an issue with short guys. Besides, 5'8" isn't even short, I would say it's medium. But i gotta admit, I've never really understood why some girls who are 4'11" would only want to date a guy who is above 6'. I mean it just looks like you're dating a tree. But oh well everyone has their preferences
I don’t think I’ve ever heard a girl hate short guys. Firstly, hate is a strong word. Secondly, it’s just a random preference that a couple girls have. But 5’8 isn’t exactly short anyway
I don't know a single girl who hates short guys.
I know plenty who have sexual preferences in relation to personality, appearance, sanity and sexual compatibility.
Most of whom have dating deal breakers to weed out abusive guys and conspiracy theorists.
We hate you because we don’t hate you at all. You just assume we do so you put off an attitude which us gals don’t wanna be around.
Original post by f3n_txt
Title says it all, why do you hate us? We did nothing to you! We just want to be friends and even girlfriends with you all. And you all avoid us like the plague! As a 5'8 boy myself, I can't stand it, you are being so damn disgusting because you won't date someone who is under 6ft>.

Alright so there are plenty of guys sub 6ft, that are in perfectly functional relationships with women and u know that. Let me put it this way if a tall girl walks past do u immediately start hating her; cause of her height course not. So why do u think the inverse would be true.

Though the fact that u think like that and are calling girls that have a preference disgusting is far more telling as to the reason why ur getting hate dude. I'd advise u to focus on changing ur attitude and perception towards women rather than worrying about u height.
(edited 4 years ago)
It's more of a preference-for example a lot of guys like shorter girls, especially shorter guys. Something about the height difference makes you feel all warm and bubbly inside? Anyways, it's not really about the height (although for some girls it is), it's more about the guy's personality.

As someone who has dated shorter guys myself (think 5'1"-5'5" range), there's two factors of why i don't go for short guys anymore. One, they've got a complex, like you have proven, about oh everyone hates me, pity me because i'm short and i can't get anyone and you should totally date me. Which i'm sorry dude that you're having such a hard time in the dating realm, but that happens. eh.

The second factor is that NOT ALL but a MAJORITY of shorter dudes that I, MYSELF HAVE EXPERIENCED DATING WITH, have high expectations for their new girlfriend (especially if you're the first girl they've dated in a while.) You must like everything they like, but they may not enjoy things you consistently like, and may even go so far as to mock you for it, like for being a girl who games. They may constantly be applauding their sexual prowess. i've even had some shorter guys go so far as to tell me who i can/can't hang out with, which comes down to they were "jealous" of the amount of time i spent with my guy friendos who the vast majority are in steady relationships, and therefore i could not hang out with them. You must hang out with their friends, but they may make excuses for hanging out with yours. it was more of a constant uphill battle, not with height but with personalities to the point that i stopped going for anyone not around my height (i'm a tall gal).

tldr; While girls might not go for shorter dudes because of height, a lot of the times, they've dated shorter dudes before, experienced the same bull**** over and over again and decided they didn't want to hedge their bets on you so to speak.
Look m8 its quite simple, girls want someone simpley taller then them. Your not even that short and last time I checked most girls are well below 5"8. Only a couple of "unique" girls are 5"8 and above.

You need to stop looking for sympathy and be a man, thats when the girls will like you m8
'hate' is a bit too strong, we don't hate short guys, it's just a preference among girls that we like taller guys more.
Honest question, but if taller guys are the preference for some girls, is it alright for some men to prefer skinny women or women with big boobs? Only asking because there seem to be double standards regarding the fact that men are called shallow for having standards but it isn't the same the other way.
Whatever the height idc :h:, he just can't be shorter than me (i'm 5'3) and thats just personal preferance.
Original post by Anonymous
Honest question, but if taller guys are the preference for some girls, is it alright for some men to prefer skinny women or women with big boobs? Only asking because there seem to be double standards regarding the fact that men are called shallow for having standards but it isn't the same the other way.

I mean yeah it's completely alright, it's personal preference. In fact, many women are called shallow for having standards as well. We can all be called shallow together :smile:
As a lad who’s got a good looking mate about 7 inches smaller I’d back these comments.

Most girls wouldn’t even spend a second looking at me when next to him as he’s good looking. However there is the occasional girl who won’t even spare him a second and they are usually taller than him.

It’s preference at the end of the day. In the same way I like brunettes and girls who have a nice/cute personality. I don’t hate blondes having said that and it’s not a disqualifying factor.
What a ridiculous question. Martin sheen, William Daniels, Tom Cruise, Daniel Radcliffe, Al Pacino, Johnny Galecki, Jonathan Taylor Thomas are all shorter than you yet you think its your height that turns women off. As a woman married to a man who is 5'6" I can tell you it's nonsense to presume it's your height women don't like. I can promise you it's your attitude. Women like confident, charming, charismatic men that walk into a room and act like they are 8 feet tall. Height age even race don't matter when a man is full of self confidence.
Original post by LissyLondon
What a ridiculous question. Martin sheen, William Daniels, Tom Cruise, Daniel Radcliffe, Al Pacino, Johnny Galecki, Jonathan Taylor Thomas are all shorter than you yet you think its your height that turns women off. As a woman married to a man who is 5'6" I can tell you it's nonsense to presume it's your height women don't like. I can promise you it's your attitude. Women like confident, charming, charismatic men that walk into a room and act like they are 8 feet tall. Height age even race don't matter when a man is full of self confidence.

listing short celebs with lots of $$$ doesn't help the situation here XD

Latest

Trending

Trending