Law at university of Surrey vs Philosophy at King's college london Watch

HotShot A
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello

I want to eventually be a lawyer, but I love studying philosophy, should I study something I love and become a lawyer, or just study LLB Law.

Another aspect of this is that regardless of my love for the subject, Kings college I believe is better than Surrey as a brand.

Which one out of the two would you pick if you were in my place and loved philosophy, and would also eventually want to become a lawyer.

Many thanks
Rajvi0203
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, to become a lawyer you need to take a LLB Law course.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rajvi0203)

Best if you don't post on the law forum if you don't have a clue about legal careers
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HotShot A)
Hello

I want to eventually be a lawyer, but I love studying philosophy, should I study something I love and become a lawyer, or just study LLB Law.

Another aspect of this is that regardless of my love for the subject, Kings college I believe is better than Surrey as a brand.

Which one out of the two would you pick if you were in my place and loved philosophy, and would also eventually want to become a lawyer.

Many thanks
Philosophy, if that's what you enjoy studying.
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can become a lawyer by doing philosophy + conversion course. No point studying the LLB if you think you’ll enjoy philosophy more.
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rajvi0203)
what a beautifully unhelpful answer

--

do philosophy. kings is good, you enjoy philosophy and you can do a conversion. remember though, the funding for a conversion course is limited to £10k (i think) so you'll have to fund the rest yourself
HotShot A
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
what a beautifully unhelpful answer

--

do philosophy. kings is good, you enjoy philosophy and you can do a conversion. remember though, the funding for a conversion course is limited to £10k (i think) so you'll have to fund the rest yourself
Thank you for your answer, I think there's an SQE exam that's coming out right, if one would want to become a solicitor.
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HotShot A)
Thank you for your answer, I think there's an SQE exam that's coming out right, if one would want to become a solicitor.
Philosophy as others have said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (230)
58.38%
No (138)
35.03%

Watched Threads