Holly waller
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I struggle to have body confidence and I feel like I’m the fat one in the group all my other friends are skinny and sometimes it has an impact on my confidence. I try my hardest not to think about my weight but Sometimes it’s the only I think about and I have had some really low points because of it. I wish I could just have some self confidence x
Sannah 21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s how I feel!!!!
Holly waller
Rep:
?
Its the worst thing ever
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Idk I'm a chubby gal and I think all of my friends are much better looking but I dress in clothes that suit my body shape and accentuate it etc. It definitely helps me feel better. Make an effort with hair and makeup etc too. It will help.
Holly waller
Rep:
?
I started wearing makeup and it’s started to help a little x
Country Roads
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've gained weight since I moved home from university and tbh one of the big reasons why I haven't met up with anyone is because I'm embarrassed of my body.
Holly waller
Rep:
?
I’m sure ppl won’t really care xx
lobster1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Self-confidence is something entirely internal. I know that's self-explanatory, but I think people assume they aren't confident because of the way they think they appear, externally. If you were, what you believe to be, 'perfect' on the outside, you may still have the same low-confidence. I've been through quite extreme changes of my weight; I was on a weight gain program for an eating disorder recovery. I found that, even though I put on a lot of weight, and it was hard to deal with a lot of the time, my self-confidence has actually increased so much since doing so. I thought I would be so insecure, but it was the complete opposite. I suddenly became grateful to be living in such an energised, incredible body, no matter the number on the scale or the size of my thighs. It's completely down to mindset. If you tell yourself you're 'the fat one in the group' or you start comparing and judging yourself, you forget what other people see in you...which is definitely not body your measurements. You shouldn't have to love yourself, I always panic when people tell me that. Everyone has insecurities, don't feel pressured to feel completely ok with yourself, just know that you're probably the only one who really cares about the little, niggly bits, everyone else just sees you for who you are
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ik how u feel, i was the same and i was walked like i had just been told off cuz I felt so sh**, idk how u could fix ur confidence, but the going to the gym has made me feel a lot better about myself, its not exactly what ive always wanted yet but im a lot happier
Holly waller
Rep:
?
I have started to workout and I hope that helps
Sannah 21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Urgh I joined a gym a bit more than a month ago and I would go quite often and then I went swimming once last week.....
I just feel fat now....
Idk maybe coz of Eid and now my cousins r here sooo LOTS of food!

But my body is okkkkkkkk but Yh belly fat and the middle section is wide
My legs and arms are kinda skinny and right for my age
Is anyone else like that? Ur middle section is wide
Holly waller
Rep:
?
I guess
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Holly waller)
I struggle to have body confidence and I feel like I’m the fat one in the group all my other friends are skinny and sometimes it has an impact on my confidence. I try my hardest not to think about my weight but Sometimes it’s the only I think about and I have had some really low points because of it. I wish I could just have some self confidence x
Start going to the gym if you feel like that... I was a fat blob about a year ago LOL.. You can change too
Holly waller
Rep:
?
Ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.8%
Disagree (4)
7.84%
Neither agree or disagree (14)
27.45%
Agree (18)
35.29%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.61%

Watched Threads