A 4th Matrix film is coming! Watch

Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...ki-1203307955/

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

:gah: :gah: :gah:

Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
The Wachowskis sorta struck gold with the first Matrix and have been going downhill ever since, with their career finally going under when Jupiter ascending completely bombed both critically and commercially.
Speaking of which... :rolleyes:
Mzhax
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
dont get my hopes up😢😢
Soteria3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 8472)
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...ki-1203307955/

[field defaultattr=]Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.[/field]
:gah: :gah: :gah:

I hope this happens and isn't just another rumour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Soteria3)
I hope this happens and isn't just another rumour
Given they recently celebrated an anniversary and released it.. and WB Chairman said he's excited for what will be made.. I'd expect it to be 99.9% happening and released at some point
Soteria3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 8472)
Given they recently celebrated an anniversary and released it.. and WB Chairman said he's excited for what will be made.. I'd expect it to be 99.9% happening and released at some point
Woooooow. EXCITED!!!!!!!!
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's gonna be breathtaking.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Guru Jason)
It's gonna be breathtaking.
No, you're breathtaking! :lol:

Visual effects are hopefully going to be amazing :gah:
mirochi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I hope film won't fail miserably
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But Neo’s dead...
mirochi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notnek)
But Neo’s dead...
it seems directors and writer will revive him somehow
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mirochi)
it seems directors and writer will revive him somehow
When I saw the news I thought it would be a new film with new characters in the same universe. I’m not sure about bringing back Neo.
Rep:
?
But Neo’s dead...
I think they can bring him back really well - living on in some kind of virtual way- Appearing in dreams? Then you have a nice past leading the future generations? :dontknow:
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
I hope it goes some way to fixing the problems of the last 3 movies:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...as-dated-badly
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's been so long since the original came out i can barely remember what happen in matrix 2 and 3

They were decent films [especially the original, we had never seen nothing like it at the time] but I think they should just let it die tbh. how old is reeves now?

Hollywood milk franchieses far too much...

With Star Wars, I wouldn't be surprised if that Franchise outlived me. I can see it now, Star Wars Episode XXX .. a new Cope
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
NO! The first one was so good, but they keep releasing lack luster sequels which only damages the reputation of the Matrix title.
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But Neo’s dead...
I think they can make a fudge to bring him back. Trinity on the other hand is definitely dead with no special abilities.
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
I think they can make a fudge to bring him back. Trinity on the other hand is definitely dead with no special abilities.
As mentioned above they could both be created virtually but not exist as humans anymore. One of my issues with the sequels is that Neo had powers outside the matrix - before then everything kind of made sense and seemed possible in a sci-fi universe. So it wouldn't surprise me if they were resurrected in the real world.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
First one was amazing. You had to go with the other two, but I still enjoyed them. Wonder why the other Wachowski isnt involved?
Considering when it was made the Matrix still stands up well. If it wasnt for the avalanche of super hero movies, then we would have had more good sci fi.
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
First one was amazing. You had to go with the other two, but I still enjoyed them. Wonder why the other Wachowski isnt involved?
Considering when it was made the Matrix still stands up well. If it wasnt for the avalanche of super hero movies, then we would have had more good sci fi.
Yes there aren't many sci-fi blockbusters containing an original idea - they're all so similar which is a shame. The Matrix and Inception are two but what else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (158)
24.57%
Pop (157)