The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’ve noticed a number of threads with contradicting information about being circumcised so I wanted to do an AMA about myself, since I was circumcised at 17.
Any questions about circumcision? Ask away.

Hi. Do you like being circumcised?
Reply 2
Original post by 135Peter
Hi. Do you like being circumcised?

Very much so, probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Very much so, probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

Excellent - so do I. So did you get circumcised for cosmetic reasons?
Reply 4
Excellent - so do I. So did you get circumcised for cosmetic reasons?

A little bit. My girlfriend really likes circumcision and I’d thought about it a few times before. My mum and dad both supported it so I got cut.
A little bit. My girlfriend really likes circumcision and I’d thought about it a few times before. My mum and dad both supported it so I got cut.

That’s great. I was circumcised as a baby. I liked growing up circumcised but when I was 20 I decided to have a revision and I got cut super-tight and I had my frenulum removed. I love it! What’s your circumcision like? Loose or tight?
At least you had the choice of getting it chopped off. I think its bang out of order that babies are put under the knife and never get the choice.
At least you had the choice of getting it chopped off. I think its bang out of order that babies are put under the knife and never get the choice.

Actually I’m very happy that my parents decided to have me circumcised.

With respect, you're only speaking for yourself. It's not fair that boys who later grow up and then find out they were chopped, have no chance to go back in time and stop the procedure.
With respect, you're only speaking for yourself. It's not fair that boys who later grow up and then find out they were chopped, have no chance to go back in time and stop the procedure.

Our two sons are happy with it too. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one!
Our two sons are happy with it too. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one!

That is good for them, but you never gave them the choice and it could have worked out very differently.

As you say, we will have to agree to disagree.
That’s great. I was circumcised as a baby. I liked growing up circumcised but when I was 20 I decided to have a revision and I got cut super-tight and I had my frenulum removed. I love it! What’s your circumcision like? Loose or tight?

My gf and I both agreed I should get it tight for obvious reasons, but I decided myself in the end that I should also get my frenulum excised so I'd last a bit longer.
In the end, my circ' is really very tight indeed.
My gf and I both agreed I should get it tight for obvious reasons, but I decided myself in the end that I should also get my frenulum excised so I'd last a bit longer.
In the end, my circ' is really very tight indeed.

Fantastic. My circumcision is super tight - no skin movement at all. My sons are the same. So you elected to get circumcised at 17. Did your parents know?
Fantastic. My circumcision is super tight - no skin movement at all. My sons are the same. So you elected to get circumcised at 17. Did your parents know?

Yeah, they supported it, and wanted me to get done.
Yeah, they supported it, and wanted me to get done.

Ah yes you said earlier that they supported you. Nice parents. My boys and I have had our frenulums removed too. How did you find the change in masturbation?
Ah yes you said earlier that they supported you. Nice parents. My boys and I have had our frenulums removed too. How did you find the change in masturbation?

Erm, I just need lube and last longer. Not too bad.

Are you American, Anonymous #3?
Original post by Britunculus
Are you American, Anonymous #3?

No, British.

Exactly how I feel. If someone chooses to get it done as an informed adult, that's their choice. I had it forced on me when I was an infant. My genitals were permanently altered without my consent. My fundamental right to bodily autonomy and integrity was violated. Circumcision should never be done on a minor unless out of absolute medical necessity.
There is a strange group of people in this country, representing a vanishingly small minority, who get their jollies from contemplating their foreshortened members and obsessing about buzz word such as 'frenulum' and 'revision'. I used to have endless fun, subscribing to the Acorn Society, in sending up such misfits, suggesting that some of them wouldn't be satisfied until their glans finished up tacked directly on their balls.Just thought I'd mention it.

Latest