The Student Room Group

Will postgraduate care your A level grades?

I do know there are a lot posts about this but they are not recent....they are like 5-6 years ago..
Maybe I am just blind and couldn't find it...​

Because I got ABE and going through foundation.....
Maths​-A
Computer Science - B
Physics - E
Let's say I graduate from the Russell Group (I won't name the uni but I already got accepted in to do Maths degree from foundation)
And I want to do Msc Computer Science in like UCL and others..
Will they look at my A levels or will they just look what I get in undergraduate?
Reply 1
Ask them, just pick up the phone or email the admissions team.

If you did well in your degree and can show high percentage firsts in modules which align with computer science they are likely to consider that acceptable.
Reply 2
No
Original post by Personal_17
I do know there are a lot posts about this but they are not recent....they are like 5-6 years ago..
Maybe I am just blind and couldn't find it...​

Because I got ABE and going through foundation.....
Maths​-A
Computer Science - B
Physics - E
Let's say I graduate from the Russell Group (I won't name the uni but I already got accepted in to do Maths degree from foundation)
And I want to do Msc Computer Science in like UCL and others..
Will they look at my A levels or will they just look what I get in undergraduate?

Just undergraduate.
Reply 4
Thank you guys for your comment :smile:
Reply 5
It's unlikely. If your A Levels get you into your undergraduate degree, then that's all that's needed. If you want to go on to do an MA or MSc etc. then pretty much the only thing they care about is your achievements during your undergraduate degree. Usually, you need a 2:1 minimum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending