Burning building...do u save 5 strangers or 1 sibling?

Watch this thread
Poll: Would u save 5 strangers or one sibling?
5 strangers (33)
8.68%
1 sibling (347)
91.32%
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeh, there's a hypothetical burning building, you can save the 5 strangers near you or go to the back of the building and save your one sibling, in which case the 5 strangers die.
So what would you choose?
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
Call me a selfish dirt bag, but probably sibling. My family is my world...they'll almost always come first.
dh00001
Badges: 16
Report 13 years ago
probably the sibling. blood runs thicker than water.
User69701
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mizfissy815)
Call me a selfish dirt bag, but probably sibling. My family is my world...they'll almost always come first.
Selfish dirtbag!

Five strangers. Greater good.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeah, me too, I only have one sister, she's 9, and tbh she's the only person I would die for. I love her more than anyone, even my parents. Blood is thicker than water, selfish as that may be.
Jackathon
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
My sibling, I could never let her die if I could do anything to prevent it.
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
my brother is the world to me. I don't wanna let anything bad happen to him.
plagaan
Report 13 years ago
what do you know about the strangers? age at least?

In normal cases I'd seriously consider the strangers, but I'm pretty sure that my older brother will go on to save lots of lives and do the world good, so I'd save him, unless I knew what the strangers were going to do.
~style
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I thought a few seconds about this then I felt bad for thinking about it and voted sibling.
Jackathon
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
Yeah, me too, I only have one sister, she's 9, and tbh she's the only person I would die for. I love her more than anyone, even my parents. Blood is thicker than water, selfish as that may be.
I'd die for mine too. Even though those 5 people may be better in the grand scheme of things, but my sister is better for me. If you get me?
~style
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
almost?
~style
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jackathon)
I'd die for mine too. Even though those 5 people may be better in the grand scheme of things, but my sister is better for me. If you get me?
One of those 5 people's sibling would save his over yours.
secretmessages
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Five strangers because I don't have any siblings :p: Other family would come first of course.
Jackathon
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~style)
One of those 5 people's sibling would save his over yours.

Yeah... Thats why I said I'd save my sister.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Save my brother.
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~style)
almost?
Almost.

You know what always comes first.
brightxburns
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I think anyone who would save 5 strangers over their sibling would be crazy, personally.

I mean, I don't have a sibling, but I would rather save a close family member than a hundred strangers. I would rather save them than a whole continent of strangers.

And these strangers' families would probably feel the same way.
~style
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Almost.

You know what always comes first.
'doh
kaal1010
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i wouldnt even hesitate. 1 sibling
Drexl
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I'd save my sibling over a thousand strangers.

Don't mistake love for selfishness.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.77%
The paper was reasonable (129)
36.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (104)
29.38%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
14.41%

Watched Threads