Fast track A levels vs Access to HR Watch

LLE1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I am a mature student wanting to study pharmacy, I was wondering what would give me the best chance when getting in to pharmacy at university. Fast track A levels or Access to HE science? Thanks for any help
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LLE1)
Hi I am a mature student wanting to study pharmacy, I was wondering what would give me the best chance when getting in to pharmacy at university. Fast track A levels or Access to HE science? Thanks for any help
Hi there LLE1

A-Levels are seen as the more traditional route into higher education compared to Access courses. Generally, I would say contact the university you're interested in studying at and ask if they have a preference as to the Level 3 qualification they would require.

One difference with an Access course is the funding. If you're eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course, then once you complete your undergraduate, the cost of the Advanced Learner Loan is written off.

Please feel free to message any questions you have that we can help answer,

Fi :horse:
MasterRalph
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LLE1)
I am doing an access course, to either get in to pharmacy or dietetics, i have already checked and the unis are happy for that.

Infact im going tomorrow to 2 colleges in bedfordshire to inquire further about the course and then hopefully get enrolled
LLE1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, thank you both for your reply Think I am looking at the ACCESS to He route.
Thanks again
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LLE1)
Hi, thank you both for your reply Think I am looking at the ACCESS to He route.
Thanks again
Hi there LLE1

You're welcome, its a good course and a great way for entry to university. I loved my course. Yes, its intensive, but its worth it.

If there's anything we can help answer for you, please feel free to ask

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise