The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uni fees

Why does uclan charge the same fees as a top 10 university (£9250)? They don't offer anywhere close to as good education or facilities as 'better' uni's. I've read that some of the lecturers only hold a bachelors degree. How true is this?
Original post by Anonymous
Why does uclan charge the same fees as a top 10 university (£9250)? They don't offer anywhere close to as good education or facilities as 'better' uni's. I've read that some of the lecturers only hold a bachelors degree. How true is this?

You can look at the unis accounts or contact the uni directly.
Most unis outside the top 10 charge that amount because they can and they know they will be paid. If it is not to your liking then choose a different university or start your own. How many degrees you have isnt a guarantee of being a good lecturer. It may be an idea that you contact all the lecturers for their CVs to see if they are good enough for you and let them know you are prepared to interview them.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm not going there. I want a decent university with consistently good reviews. I want a university with great lecturers. Considering I'd be paying them to teach me, it's a good idea that they get asked for their cv's.
I'm not going there. I want a decent university with consistently good reviews. I want a university with great lecturers. Considering I'd be paying them to teach me, it's a good idea that they get asked for their cv's.

Well then apply for the top 10 universities a TEF gold
Reply 4
Original post by ElNiñoo
Well then apply for the top 10 universities a TEF gold

I have and I have a place. There's nothing wrong with thinking it's bad that a TEF silver with bad rankings is charging the same. I live near a uclan uni and think its terrible they charge the same.
I have and I have a place. There's nothing wrong with thinking it's bad that a TEF silver with bad rankings is charging the same. I live near a uclan uni and think its terrible they charge the same.

Yeah I guess so, but they have bills and facility fees as much as every other university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending