I got a call from school asking me to come in today ????? Watch

point...
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
GCSE results day tommorow. I got a call from school and it said i had to come into main reception area because they will give me additional information?? Why today and it was a specific time aswell 2pm. What is this? Anyone know?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
perhaps they are going to give you a prize for your performance ?

:holmes:
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Won't kno till u go
point...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amon-ster)
Won't kno till u go
(Original post by the bear)
perhaps they are going to give you a prize for your performance ?

:holmes:
this is all so sudden. perhaps, i boiled it down to a few possibilities but idk: photo (will they take a photo 1 day before results day)?; prize; actually giving information; i got disqualified somehow?,
Neil621
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends. Do you think you have done very well? If you have most likely won a prize or got crazy good results. You would have already found out if you had been disqualifed so not that.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
maybe take your jumping shoes just in case

https://i2-prod.getsurrey.co.uk/inco...el-results.jpg
point...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neil621)
Depends. Do you think you have done very well? If you have most likely won a prize or got crazy good results. You would have already found out if you had been disqualifed so not that.
yea i did, would they give results 1 day before results day tho?
swapnanilde
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
wow this is unbelievable - all the best for whatever they call you in for
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by point...)
i don't think so, but i assume you've done pretty well! they might tell you what they want you do to tomorrow, maybe email them or call them back to ask?
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ll only find out by going. Although leaving you completely in the dark is a bit harsh. Ring them, tell them you’re worried and ask if there’s a problem
Neil621
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you ever seen those people who open there results live on tv? 90% of the time there results are crazy good because the school know what everyone has got before the students open them and therefore they put those students on the tv. You may get asked to do that. You dont have to but if you do they probably wont tell you your results but it means you likely have got top marks in everything. Most likely explantion though is you have won some sort of prize for your results. In that case i have no idea whether they would tell you your results. Probably unlikely but again it means you know you have done very well.
point...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
You’ll only find out by going. Although leaving you completely in the dark is a bit harsh. Ring them, tell them you’re worried and ask if there’s a problem
they rang my dad and my told him that it was regarding some 'additional information about results day' and told me to come at 2pm. idk if i can ring school again but if u can decipher anything from that, it would be cool.
point...
Rep:
?
Have you ever seen those people who open there results live on tv? 90% of the time there results are crazy good because the school know what everyone has got before the students open them and therefore they put those students on the tv. You may get asked to do that. You dont have to but if you do they probably wont tell you your results but it means you likely have got top marks in everything. Most likely explantion though is you have won some sort of prize for your results. In that case i have no idea whether they would tell you your results. Probably unlikely but again it means you know you have done very well.
thank you so much bro for the confidence!
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Never thought of that makes sense
Cause schools do usually get results a few days before.
Neil621
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also it could be for taking pictures as well.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I really can’t
They may need you to bring something
It could really be anything but it won’t hurt to ring
Nothing to lose. And it’s two hours away. Go earlier
Neil621
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amon-ster)
Never thought of that makes sense
Cause schools do usually get results a few days before.
Your headteacher and senior staff will get results anytime today The fact they have asked you to come in means they probably have then by now.
point...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammylou40)
I really can’t
They may need you to bring something
It could really be anything but it won’t hurt to ring
Nothing to lose. And it’s two hours away. Go earlier
they said bring nothing and its at 2pm and 15 mins away.
username4745258
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's probably because you've done so well!

Hey, tell us how it goes! And best of luck too.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
they said bring nothing and its at 2pm and 15 mins away.
I meant they may need you to bring something tomorrow
If I were you I’d be there about 1.30.
Let us know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?