HELP with applying to foundation diploma art and design course Watch

hailey.love
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I have decided to change from wanting to do Business management as a degree to wanting to do a foundation Art and design diploma.I understand it is quite late.but,does anyone know any institutions/university’s offering the course for free to start in 2019.I have already tried calling up UAL and Leeds art university’s to see if they have any availability on this course.I have also applied at a local college for the course.I feel as though the equipment won’t be as good at a college.Please let me know ASAP.
And I have also applied at LCCA and they are offering the course but unfortunately it comes with a fee, (4.995)it has to be self funded.Today I have a trial shift working for £6.15 an hour,say I get this job is it worth considering going to LCCA?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hailey.love)
So I have decided to change from wanting to do Business management as a degree to wanting to do a foundation Art and design diploma.I understand it is quite late.but,does anyone know any institutions/university’s offering the course for free to start in 2019.I have already tried calling up UAL and Leeds art university’s to see if they have any availability on this course.I have also applied at a local college for the course.I feel as though the equipment won’t be as good at a college.Please let me know ASAP.
And I have also applied at LCCA and they are offering the course but unfortunately it comes with a fee, (4.995)it has to be self funded.Today I have a trial shift working for £6.15 an hour,say I get this job is it worth considering going to LCCA?
Where are you based? How old are you?

A local college will be your best option at such short notice and will have the best facilities for the money (if you have to pay any fees at all).

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 is worth a read to get the basic information on things to look for and ask about.
hailey.love
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Where are you based? How old are you?

A local college will be your best option at such short notice and will have the best facilities for the money (if you have to pay any fees at all).

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 is worth a read to get the basic information on things to look for and ask about.
I mean based in East London and I’m 18.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hailey.love)
I mean based in East London and I’m 18.
At 18 then you wont pay tuition fees if you study at a local FE college (there are no maintenance loans at all for a Foundation Diploma). There's some excellent FE colleges offering foundation in London often with better facilities than some universities - or if you're interested in a slightly different environment then https://www.cityandguildsartschool.ac.uk/ is excellent...but the best courses will require a very good portfolio. It might be worth checking with Ravensbourne too whether they have any possible spaces available.
JulieClareRead
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Foundation Diploma is taught at most FE colleges, and as the person above said, no tuition fees. It's important to understand then that your folio from that Diploma is what will win you a place at Uni so you need to work hard and get your ducks in a row, so to speak!
cameralover00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did a foundation at Ravensbourne!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (204)
23.5%
Pop (214)
24.65%
Jazz (33)
3.8%
Classical (48)
5.53%
Hip-Hop (167)
19.24%