The Student Room Group

Failing a year of uni, but changing course

This year I've been doing a foundation year and passed all but one module. I'm changing course and university in September so it doesn't actually matter to my degree if I pass or fail the year, but I was wondering if it would have any negative consequences in the future if I don't take the resit exam. Would I be required to show all university grades when applying for postgrad or even some jobs? Or can I just pretend this year never happened?
Reply 1
Sorry I can't answer your question but wanted to ask which course were you doing before and which course are you transferring to?
Reply 2
Original post by Sterlar
Sorry I can't answer your question but wanted to ask which course were you doing before and which course are you transferring to?

i was doing physics with foundation year and am transferring to astrophysics and comp sci
Original post by tabbycat7
This year I've been doing a foundation year and passed all but one module. I'm changing course and university in September so it doesn't actually matter to my degree if I pass or fail the year, but I was wondering if it would have any negative consequences in the future if I don't take the resit exam. Would I be required to show all university grades when applying for postgrad or even some jobs? Or can I just pretend this year never happened?

Do you not need the foundation year to get on the new course? Why don't you just do the resit exam, can't a reason not to?
Reply 4
Original post by Matt14451
Do you not need the foundation year to get on the new course? Why don't you just do the resit exam, can't a reason not to?

i have an unconditional for the new course, and actually had the same offer for it last year (bad decision making on my part oops) so i definitely don't need the foundation year for it. there are certain circumstances that mean i have almost no chance at passing the resit, and to get there to attempt it takes a lot of time and money since i live on the other side of the country. also i would have to go there on my own which would cause me a lot of anxiety which would not only be harmful to me but further decrease my chances of passing the exam :/

Quick Reply

Latest