Can I drive after tooth extraction? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m getting 2 of my tooth extracted on Wednesday morning at 10 but I’ve got a driving lesson at 12 and was wondering if I can drive afterwards. I will be going under local anaesthesia but I’m confused whether it will affect my driving and if any pain after it will affect me.
LegoSlayer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m getting 2 of my tooth extracted on Wednesday morning at 10 but I’ve got a driving lesson at 12 and was wondering if I can drive afterwards. I will be going under local anaesthesia but I’m confused whether it will affect my driving and if any pain after it will affect me.
I felt very dizzy after, the local anaesthetic makes you feel very weird. You probably won’t be up to driving. It doesn’t hurt very much, but you should only eat soft food after and have a good rest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LegoSlayer)
I felt very dizzy after, the local anaesthetic makes you feel very weird. You probably won’t be up to driving. It doesn’t hurt very much, but you should only eat soft food after and have a good rest.
Oh really, okay thank you for telling me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LegoSlayer)
Oh really, okay thank you for telling me.
DraconisAudiat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Depends what you mean by 'local anasthetic' if it's an injection in your mouth you'll be absolutely fine but it'll hurt and you can't move your mouth to talk or drink so you'll be very annoyed. You can drive just don't go to a drive through or try to talk to anyone.

It doesn't hurt much at the time but there's a broader ache that comes in when the injection wears off, I found it best to have the teeth extracted in the afternoon so 6 hours later when it's wearing off I could fall asleep and sleep through the pain.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DraconisAudiat)
Depends what you mean by 'local anasthetic' if it's an injection in your mouth you'll be absolutely fine but it'll hurt and you can't move your mouth to talk or drink so you'll be very annoyed. You can drive just don't go to a drive through or try to talk to anyone.

It doesn't hurt much at the time but there's a broader ache that comes in when the injection wears off, I found it best to have the teeth extracted in the afternoon so 6 hours later when it's wearing off I could fall asleep and sleep through the pain.
Thank you for replying, I have decided to move my driving lesson just in case I can’t deal with it. Thank you
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Make sure to rinse your mouth with 1/4 teaspoon of salt to 3/4 of water twice a day no more than three everyday following a tooth extraction to prevent any infection of a dry socket, as It is still common 5-7 days after surgery.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
Make sure to rinse your mouth with 1/4 teaspoon of salt to 3/4 of water twice a day no more than three everyday following a tooth extraction to prevent any infection of a dry socket, as It is still common 5-7 days after surgery.
Thank you for the advice, I had one side done on Wednesday and have been following your advice and today I’ve had the other side done. Should I still rinse my mouth?
TheRealSaifali
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you for the advice, I had one side done on Wednesday and have been following your advice and today I’ve had the other side done. Should I still rinse my mouth?
DO NOT RINSE YOUR MOUTH ON THE DAY OF EXTRACTION, the day after and going forward for up to two weeks to stop any debris from entering the extraction site and eliminating possible infections. This also relives pain from teeth near too.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
r u getting it done for braces?
Anonymous #1
r u getting it done for braces?
Yep and currently I’ve got my braces on now
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep and currently I’ve got my braces on now
Ohhh! How have you been finding it? Are the gaps already starting to close up?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by TheRealSaifali)
DO NOT RINSE YOUR MOUTH ON THE DAY OF EXTRACTION, the day after and going forward for up to two weeks to stop any debris from entering the extraction site and eliminating possible infections. This also relives pain from teeth near too.
Sorry for the late reply as I didn't get the notification but I didn't rinse it and currently I am all healed and on my 2nd month of having braces thank you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Ohhh! How have you been finding it? Are the gaps already starting to close up?
Yes they are both starting to close up now, the right one is closing up more than the left. Thanks for asking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (34)
17.99%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.41%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.06%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (4)
2.12%
No unconditional offers (135)
71.43%

Watched Threads