The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL ENGLISH LITERATURE ALEVEL: Worth a remark? Please help.

So, I just found out I was 12 ums off the next grade for Edexcel A-level English lit. I've seen a lot of stories this year about English literature marks changing drastically, for someone it went up 18 marks!

This is UMS, and looking at it by each paper, I was 1 mark of an A for paper 1 (this one's scaled up) , 7 marks of an A for paper 2 (not scaled), and 1 mark in an A for paper 3 (scaled), and then 2 marks of an A for coursework.
Would sending my papers for remark be too risky? Looking at scaling I'd assume I'd only about need 6-7 marks to make it into an (I was 12 marks of) and this A would mean I get into my dream uni. I have a part time job to pay the fee so that's not currently a concern.
I'm just really scared of it going down. If it did go down to a C, it wouldn't make that much of a difference since English was my 4th A-level and I'm applying for med, but if it went up it would end up being my third A and I could reapply to my unis (who don't accept resits)

PLEASE PLEASE - Share your experiences with edexcel english lit remarks
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation where I don't know whether to get a remark or not. I'm 7 marks off an A*, having got A* in every paper (and coursework) apart from prose (where I got a B). Any advice from anyone? I would really appreciate it! It seems like a lot of money, especially if even though you go up a few marks you wont get the money back if you don't go up the grade.

I think if this means you could go to your dream uni, and you aren't concerned about the money you should definitely go for it as it would be worth it (especially as it's an extra a level anyway). I've heard a few peoples have gone up by 6-10 marks more so there is hope!
Okay I think I’ll go for it! You should too!!! Damn A*s on your papers that’s so impressive!!!
Reply 3
Few years ago my paper went from up 30 marks to an A*

Quick Reply

Latest