Need help with a situation Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So about a month ago, I met this girl and we get along quite well (she laughs at my jokes and she doesn't seem bored when we're together) We also bond over our mutual love of comics and some shows we both watch.

We've spent quite a few afternoons out together (just the two of us) and a couple at each other's houses. I realised early on that I was developing feelings for her (which is something I often, and stupidly do, early on with girls I end up liking)

I then told her this, partially to get it off my chest and also to hopefully see if she somehow felt the same way. Understandably she said she didn't know how she felt and she needed time to think about her feelings. She assured me it wouldn't affect our friendship and so we've kept going (this was about two weeks ago).

My issue is that, I'm worried that she's probably forgotten about the event and she seems to be treating me like a definite friend. We talk everyday and we're going to Flamingoland next week but she's also said she won't be up for social stuff for a while since she has homework. She also doesn't really talk about personal stuff with me, she'll often just respond with "oof"s whenever I try to bring stuff like that up.

What's peoples thoughts on my situation? Am I overreacting or does it seem like she has no interest in stuff like that at all? I will say I'm a bit of a shy person going through a bit more of a confident phase so I haven't got any knowledge or experience when it comes to relationships.

Thanks.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"She also doesn't really talk about personal stuff with me, she'll often just respond with "oof"s whenever I try to bring stuff like that up."

She doesn't like you.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So about a month ago, I met this girl and we get along quite well (she laughs at my jokes and she doesn't seem bored when we're together) We also bond over our mutual love of comics and some shows we both watch.

We've spent quite a few afternoons out together (just the two of us) and a couple at each other's houses. I realised early on that I was developing feelings for her (which is something I often, and stupidly do, early on with girls I end up liking)

I then told her this, partially to get it off my chest and also to hopefully see if she somehow felt the same way. Understandably she said she didn't know how she felt and she needed time to think about her feelings. She assured me it wouldn't affect our friendship and so we've kept going (this was about two weeks ago).

My issue is that, I'm worried that she's probably forgotten about the event and she seems to be treating me like a definite friend. We talk everyday and we're going to Flamingoland next week but she's also said she won't be up for social stuff for a while since she has homework. She also doesn't really talk about personal stuff with me, she'll often just respond with "oof"s whenever I try to bring stuff like that up.

What's peoples thoughts on my situation? Am I overreacting or does it seem like she has no interest in stuff like that at all? I will say I'm a bit of a shy person going through a bit more of a confident phase so I haven't got any knowledge or experience when it comes to relationships.

Thanks.
She doesn't seem interested in you in that way.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
She doesn't seem interested in you in that way.
Was it the "oof" part for you as well?
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Was it the "oof" part for you as well?
Yes, and that she said she didn't know her feelings (if she liked you she would be sure), she basically said not to try to make social plans with her, and she doesn't talk about personal things with you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads