Do I have any chance to get into those universities ??

Watch
username4097242
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So starting from September, I will be in my 2nd year of A levels so in a year time I am hoping to go to university. My goal is to go to UCL because I loved it so much when I attended their open day as well as their course (law) is really good and the people there too. But I also had others in mind like King's College, Durham, Nottingham, LSE etc but I am not sure if I stand any chance. My grades at the minute are on average B's. In Sept I will have my mocks so I am revising for them hard to get a good grade. I will also be doing EPQ (topic:euthanasia). I am searching for some work experience too and since I still have time before going back to sixth form, I am sometimes going to my local crown court and listen to trials. And in my free time I do occasionally read legal articles/journals.
What would I need to get into UCL??Do they only accept those with straight As or is at least AAB good enough?? (or any uni that I listed)
Last edited by username4097242; 2 years ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vickkyyx)
So starting from September, I will be in my 2nd year of A levels so in a year time I am hoping to go to university. My goal is to go to UCL because I loved it so much when I attended their open day as well as their course (law) is really good and the people there too. But I also had others in mind like King's College, Durham, Nottingham, LSE etc but I am not sure if I stand any chance. My grades at the minute are on average B's. In Sept I will have my mocks so I am revising for them hard to get a good grade. I will also be doing EPQ (topic:euthanasia). I am searching for some work experience too and since I still have time before going back to sixth form, I am sometimes going to my local crown court and listen to trials. And in my free time I do occasionally read legal articles/journals.
What would I need to get into UCL??Do they only accept those with straight As or is at least AAB good enough?? (or any uni that I listed)
Each uni states what they want on their website - UCL want A*AA
username4097242
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Each uni states what they want on their website - UCL want A*AA
Ik I am not stupid I did checked but then my friend was supposed to get A*AA but he got AAB and he still got into Durham. That’s why I was wondering if grades 100% matter
username4902282
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ik I am not stupid I did checked but then my friend was supposed to get A*AA but he got AAB and he still got into Durham. That’s why I was wondering if grades 100% matter
Grades do matter, always have a safety option but there is nothing wrong with aiming high and using it as motivation .
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They 100% matter for UCL.
username4097242
Rep:
?
What is contextual offer ?? And what do you mean about the schemes ??
username4889668
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1 experience from 1 friend doesn't mean sh*t

Grades matter a lot. Realistically, what A-Level grades are you aiming/on-track for?
ShenChongLee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nope
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise