Do I have any chance to get into those universities ?? Watch

vickkyyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So starting from September, I will be in my 2nd year of A levels so in a year time I am hoping to go to university. My goal is to go to UCL because I loved it so much when I attended their open day as well as their course (law) is really good and the people there too. But I also had others in mind like King's College, Durham, Nottingham, LSE etc but I am not sure if I stand any chance. My grades at the minute are on average B's. In Sept I will have my mocks so I am revising for them hard to get a good grade. I will also be doing EPQ (topic:euthanasia). I am searching for some work experience too and since I still have time before going back to sixth form, I am sometimes going to my local crown court and listen to trials. And in my free time I do occasionally read legal articles/journals.
What would I need to get into UCL??Do they only accept those with straight As or is at least AAB good enough?? (or any uni that I listed)
Last edited by vickkyyx; 3 weeks ago
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by vickkyyx)
So starting from September, I will be in my 2nd year of A levels so in a year time I am hoping to go to university. My goal is to go to UCL because I loved it so much when I attended their open day as well as their course (law) is really good and the people there too. But I also had others in mind like King's College, Durham, Nottingham, LSE etc but I am not sure if I stand any chance. My grades at the minute are on average B's. In Sept I will have my mocks so I am revising for them hard to get a good grade. I will also be doing EPQ (topic:euthanasia). I am searching for some work experience too and since I still have time before going back to sixth form, I am sometimes going to my local crown court and listen to trials. And in my free time I do occasionally read legal articles/journals.
What would I need to get into UCL??Do they only accept those with straight As or is at least AAB good enough?? (or any uni that I listed)
Each uni states what they want on their website - UCL want A*AA
vickkyyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Each uni states what they want on their website - UCL want A*AA
Ik I am not stupid I did checked but then my friend was supposed to get A*AA but he got AAB and he still got into Durham. That’s why I was wondering if grades 100% matter
ElNiñoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ik I am not stupid I did checked but then my friend was supposed to get A*AA but he got AAB and he still got into Durham. That’s why I was wondering if grades 100% matter
Grades do matter, always have a safety option but there is nothing wrong with aiming high and using it as motivation .
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They 100% matter for UCL.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your friend likely got a contextual offer from Durham.

You're not getting into UCL unless you qualify for one of their widening participation schemes.
vickkyyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Your friend likely got a contextual offer from Durham.

You're not getting into UCL unless you qualify for one of their widening participation schemes.
What is contextual offer ?? And what do you mean about the schemes ??
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What is contextual offer ?? And what do you mean about the schemes ??
Google each of these words followed by the name of the university you're interested in
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1 experience from 1 friend doesn't mean sh*t

Grades matter a lot. Realistically, what A-Level grades are you aiming/on-track for?
ShenChongLee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
nope
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?