courage22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I wish to apply to start uni in 2020 and have just started an application. As I'm trans, when it asks for gender do I put my assigned sex at birth or what I identify with now, since the only options are male and female?
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Which gender are you legally? I’d personally go for that to be on the safe side.

I don’t think it really matters which you put down most of the time. I believe they only ask gender to make demographic statistics of the UCAS cycle.

Although your specific unis may have scholarships aimed at a specific gender.
morningstar461
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can put the gender you identify as. I think the gender you put on UCAS is what the universities you apply to will mark you as so it makes sense to use the gender you want to be recognised as rather than having to change it with the university you go to when you start.
courage22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by morningstar461)
You can put the gender you identify as. I think the gender you put on UCAS is what the universities you apply to will mark you as so it makes sense to use the gender you want to be recognised as rather than having to change it with the university you go to when you start.
okay that’s reassuring yeah ive seen a few people saying this so i’ll go with this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?