rachel89543
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i’m looking for any tips for year 11 and revision techniques or anything you have learnt that i should/ shouldn’t do this year?
thanks in advance!
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Start revision early because time will go fast and you don’t wanna keep procrastinating. Make your revision notes in early days while you can practice exam techies and your knowledge with past papers and questions then too but you should focus more on revisiting those notes you made early and improving on how you are with tests. It’ll help you for testing your knowledge and dealing with exams in those conditions. You shouldn’t focus on making revision notes when it’s near exam time because you’ll waste time tbh unless u haven’t made any notes at all.

Is there any specifics subject based revision techniques you want to know about?
rachel89543
Rep:
?
ive taken history, health and socials, photography business them obviously the basic maths english and the sciences
A*Wannabeee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rachel89543)
i’m looking for any tips for year 11 and revision techniques or anything you have learnt that i should/ shouldn’t do this year?
thanks in advance!
Find your preferred revision technique early and (whether it be posters, diagrams or revision cards) get on with your revision. There's a good technique that works for me called the pomodoro technique. I study for 30 minutes and then have a 5 or 10 minute break depending on how my day went.
However, while exams are important, you are the most important thing so don't isolate yourself with revision all the time - enjoy year 11, have fun and don't waste the summer break you have after your GCSEs.
Best of luck!
rachel89543
Rep:
?
thank you
DM321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make sure you plan your time realistically and really try to figure out what a realistic expectation for each day’s work is. Use this format to make sure you have looked at everything in good time and understand it all then progress onto exam papers, with subjects like maths they really help you get context for the papers and give you a chance some of the questions will turn up, albeit slightly differently, in the GCSE paper!

Good luck for year 11, it is definitely a year of hard work but all the teachers treat you differently and add an element of trust which makes the year one of my favourites so far!
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rachel89543)
ive taken history, health and socials, photography business them obviously the basic maths english and the sciences
History the best method for me was mind maps as they summarised each topic for me. Also praticing exam techniques. It’s good you have the knowledge for a certain question but you’ll get more marks if you write it in a certain way to include revelant information u need and includes all the details u need and goes further.

For maths, do lots of past papers and questions because you’ll just learn from your mistakes but also give u a chance to think about how to apply it. Ask your teacher if you don’t understand how to approach it or if there’s a easier way to do it instead of the long way you might be doing since time is crucial in exams so you want to do it fast but the right way.

For English, practice your exam techniques and ask your teacher on how you improve from you practicing the exam questions.

For science, do lots of past papers because some questions are similar to past papers questions so they’ll help you understand how to answer it but also help you consolidate your current knowledge since you will see what topics you’re lacking in. Also flash cards is great remembering equations.

I hope this helps but good luckkk
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads