Job doesn't require a Degree, but said I had a 2:1 in interview (I have a 2:2) Watch

Mfalls
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I went in for a second interview today for a recruitment consultant, but towards the end of the 2 hour interview I was briefly asked what I got for my degree grade. To clarify I have a 2:2 Degree but I'm afraid they'll bring this up again should i get the position.

The job application and requirement didn't even mention having a Degree as a requirement, but what are the chances of them asking for a transcript of my grades?
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If they don't need a degree, I can't imagine it will come up. If it does make out that they misheard you and quickly move on lol
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pro-tip for future interviews though - don’t mislead the person who is potentially giving you a job.

You may not get caught out this time but don’t do it in future.
Mfalls
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duane2501)
If they don't need a degree, I can't imagine it will come up. If it does make out that they misheard you and quickly move on lol
Haha, this is risky, my anxiety would be through the roof. Wish me luck tho :/

(Original post by CTLeafez)
Pro-tip for future interviews though - don’t mislead the person who is potentially giving you a job.

You may not get caught out this time but don’t do it in future.
Yeah i'm beating myself up about it. My honest excuse is that I was exhausted & genuinely misspoke but realised it was too late to back track. Do you think they'll ask for my transcript when signing the contract, if i got an offer?
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck, if no degree was required I don't see why they'd ask and I really would just play dumb if questioned. As defence lawyers say 'deny, deny, deny!'.
Mfalls
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duane2501)
Good luck, if no degree was required I don't see why they'd ask and I really would just play dumb if questioned. As defence lawyers say 'deny, deny, deny!'.
Yeah thats true, I've just been spooked reading articles about people lying on their CV getting criminal offences, but I've only put "(Title of Degree - 20XX-20XX - BA Hons " on my CV so idk. Either way ill remember Deny deny deny if i ever get pulled into court
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)
24.56%
Pop (170)
24.71%
Jazz (27)