my girlfriend deleted my minecraft world and now i want to break up w her Watch

mcgamer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
so ive been playing on the same mincraft world for about 6 years now and it is my absolute pride and joy. ive improved it through all the different updates and its my favourite thing to do in my spare time. I always used to play on it after tough days at school and used to look forward to coming home to relax and unwind on it. so ive konwn my girlfriend for about 3 years and we initially bonding over our love for mincraft. weve been together for about 2 years and she always enjoyed listening to my stories about it and i loved showing her everything i did on there, but recently shes been wanting me to give her my attention 24/7 and gets really annoyed if it takes me a few minutes longer to reply to her if im playing minecraft. so the other day i was in the shower and had left my computer on, when i had come back i noticed that minecraft had been booted up and was on the main menu. my girlfriend then smugly announced to me that she had deleted my world so now i had to pay more attention to her. i was absolutely distraught and asked her to leave early which she was very confused about and now im sitting at home seriously contemplating if i still want to be her or not. Any advice???
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Talk to her
If you can't reach a compromise
Then you're doomed anyway.

I understand she did you dirty
But is dumping her going to bring your minecraft World back? No

So in the end you'll lose both things that mean something to you.
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Five years from now, do you want to be sat in a room by yourself playing Minecraft as you stuff pizza into your mouth? Or do you want to be enjoying relationships, friendships, life, etc.?
SimonAB1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
F in the chat bois
But seriously, that was really bad of her but it would be unwise to break up with her so decisively if you do have a relationship with her. If this is part of a wider context of her seeking attention constantly etc... it would be different.
SimonAB1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
Five years from now, do you want to be sat in a room by yourself playing Minecraft as you stuff pizza into your mouth? Or do you want to be enjoying relationships, friendships, life, etc.?
That isn't very nice, funny or realistic. You should be considering that gaming is pervasive and you shouldn't be playing into the stereotype of people being alone playing minecraft. People play minecraft with friends and can enjoy relationships. The popular example of Pewdiepie is evidence of this.
Rawr789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First world problems 😂.

Honestly I get being angry that she destroyed something that ment alot to you. But you should think about how she must have been feeling when she did that, yeah its wrong and she could've dealt with the situation better. However relationships are about compromise and when she's complaining that she wants attention, you should at least talk to her about it to try and understand why she's feeling that way.

If Minecraft is more important to you than your girlfriend than maybe you should break up with her. At the end of the day Minecraft is a game, and it really says alot that your thinking about breaking up with her because she deleted one of your worlds.
Last edited by Rawr789; 3 weeks ago
SimonAB1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rawr789)
First world problems 😂.

Honestly I get being angry that she kind've destroyed something that ment alot to you. But you should think about how she must have been feeling when she did that, yeah it wrong and she could've dealt with the situation better. However relationships are about compromise and when she's complaining that she wants attention, you should at least talk to her about it to try and understand why she's feeling that way.

If Minecraft is more important to you than your girlfriend than maybe you should break up with her. At the end of the day Minecraft is a game, and it really says alot that your thinking about breaking up with her because she deleted one of your worlds.
You aren't looking at the wider context of her completely violating him by doing something like that. It isn't just that she deleted a world on his game but that she consciously deleted something he liked with bad intentions.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who says you can't do both?
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is a dumpable offence, OP. Think about it, Minecraft is something you’ve spent a lot of time putting in your energy, time and creativity into. If she destroyed a piece of artwork that you’d spent 6 years on that would be a travesty, so it’s no different to Minecraft
Rawr789
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SimonAB1)
You aren't looking at the wider context of her completely violating him by doing something like that. It isn't just that she deleted a world on his game but that she consciously deleted something he liked with bad intentions.
I understand, but I don't believe her intentions were entirely bad. It's possible that she's a little immature and didn't realise how much Minecraft actually meant to him. She wanted attention from her bf and yes I agree she went about it the wrong way, and OP probably feels really hurt right now. But she wasn't trying to hurt him.

I do think it's worth trying to sort through this but OP really needs to think about where his priorities are.
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SimonAB1)
That isn't very nice, funny or realistic. You should be considering that gaming is pervasive and you shouldn't be playing into the stereotype of people being alone playing minecraft. People play minecraft with friends and can enjoy relationships. The popular example of Pewdiepie is evidence of this.
I’ve seen far too many people isolate themselves in computer games and waste years of their lives, then have to go through the difficulty of building a social life from scratch.

Someone asking themselves Minecraft or human relationship is not a good sign.
withered.rose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok, so I’m not taking sides but I think that if the relationship is going to work, there needs to be communication between the both of you otherwise other problems will end like this. I actually agree that this was not handled well at all and your girlfriend shouldn’t have went behind your back, if she felt that your concentration was never on your relationship then that should have led to a conversation about how that can be changed. This should have been handled better and not acting childish by deleting something that meant a lot to you as I imagine it had sentimental value as well
Duane2501
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I understand, but I don't believe her intentions were entirely bad. It's possible that she's a little immature and didn't realise how much Minecraft actually meant to him. She wanted attention from her bf and yes I agree she went about it the wrong way, and OP probably feels really hurt right now. But she wasn't trying to hurt him.

I do think it's worth trying to sort through this but OP really needs to think about where his priorities are.
The OP says that they had discussed it together for 2 years. She clearly knew how much it meant lol.
SimonAB1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve seen far too many people isolate themselves in computer games and waste years of their lives, then have to go through the difficulty of building a social life from scratch.

Someone asking themselves Minecraft or human relationship is not a good sign.
It sounds like you didn't read the context of this. Minecraft is not the point. If you read some of my previous messages on this thread you will see what I mean
torikujawa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ngl i dont blame u lol
Rawr789
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Duane2501)
The OP says that they had discussed it together for 2 years. She clearly knew how much it meant lol.
I don't think so tbh just because OP said they've been together for 2 years and he's showed her his world and talked about it, doesn't mean she knew how much it meant to him. At the end of the day it is a game, I completely understand that it meant alot to OP and had a lot of sentimental value. But I would slightly concerned if one of my friends broke up with his gf because of a game. There are worse things his gf could've done.
Your Local Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Start a new world with her. When she's done building a house, blow it up with tnt.

That'll show her!
ericl3ung
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
F in the chat
Duane2501
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think so tbh just because OP said they've been together for 2 years and he's showed her his world and talked about it, doesn't mean she knew how much it meant to him. At the end of the day it is a game, I completely understand that it meant alot to OP and had a lot of sentimental value. But I would slightly concerned if one of my friends broke up with his gf because of a game. There are worse things his gf could've done.
"...she always enjoyed listening to my stories about it and i loved showing her everything i did on there, but recently shes been wanting me to give her my attention 24/7 and gets really annoyed if it takes me a few minutes longer to reply to her if im playing minecraft."

Controlling, clingy and deliberately hurtful IMO.
Rawr789
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Duane2501)
"...she always enjoyed listening to my stories about it and i loved showing her everything i did on there, but recently shes been wanting me to give her my attention 24/7 and gets really annoyed if it takes me a few minutes longer to reply to her if im playing minecraft."

Controlling, clingy and deliberately hurtful IMO.
Yeah but how much time does OP actually spend on Minecraft lol. Maybe she's just not interested into the whole Minecraft thing anymore, and just wants to spend more time with her bf.

Or, are there are other issues in the relationship that OP is starting to notice? 🤷🏽

If there are other issues in the relationship, I get wanting to break up with her. But I still stand by my point that breaking up with her because of a game is silly. If OP thought his gf was being controlling and clingy then the first thing OP should have done is talked to her about it. Communication is so important in relationships and maybe this wouldn't have happened if OP talked to her when these issues first started to arise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (155)
24.45%
Pop (156)
24.61%
Jazz (26)
4.1%
Classical (37)
5.84%
Hip-Hop (111)
17.51%