The Student Room Group

Should I mention my KFC job in my UCAS app?

I'm working part-time at KFC (only on weekends and holidays) during my last high school year here in Sweden. Should I mention this job in my UCAS or is it looked down upon?

Scroll to see replies

vafan jobbar du kfc för?

edit: men skriv det, dom vill typ se tecken arbetslivserfarenhet etc
I dont think the unis actually get to see your employment history but i might be wrong. It wont be looked down upon tho. If the unis do see it, i guess they might ask what you learned working there at an interview or something.
Reply 3
Original post by angelinahx
vafan jobbar du kfc för?

edit: men skriv det, dom vill typ se tecken arbetslivserfarenhet etc

Hahah jag är inte bra svenska ... jag går i "Lycée francais Saint-Louis" den franska gymnasiet. Jag jobbar kfc för extra pengar cuz i neeeed it !
Original post by ----_----
I dont think the unis actually get to see your employment history but i might be wrong. It wont be looked down upon tho. If the unis do see it, i guess they might ask what you learned working there at an interview or something.

there is a whole section for you to mention paid employment history but okay
Original post by magz2001
Hahah jag är inte bra svenska ... jag går i "Lycée francais Saint-Louis" den franska gymnasiet. Jag jobbar kfc för extra pengar cuz i neeeed it !

on ucas there's a whole section for you to mention ur employment history, you could talk about kfc there. if you feel like it's taught you time management skills etc you could potentially even talk about it towards the end of your personal statement (don't overdo it though)
there is literally a whole ass section for you to mention paid employment history but okay marty

I know but that doesnt mean the unis can access it. Like theres a section that asks your sexuality lmao. chill
I know but that doesnt mean the unis can access it. Like theres a section that asks your sexuality lmao. chill

?????????????????
unis get your entire ucas application or there is literally no point in you submitting it on a university application but go off sis
Reply 8

I thought the unis had access to the entire UCAS application...
Reply 9
on ucas there's a whole section for you to mention ur employment history, you could talk about kfc there. if you feel like it's taught you time management skills etc you could potentially even talk about it towards the end of your personal statement (don't overdo it though)

Yeah alright thanks... won't overdo it dw, afterall it's just kfc
Put it down. Any job during studying is impressive!
?????????????????
unis get your entire ucas application or there is literally no point in you submitting it on a university application but go off sis

no need to be a ***** about it tho lol, calm down hun
I'm working part-time at KFC (only on weekends and holidays) during my last high school year here in Sweden. Should I mention this job in my UCAS or is it looked down upon?

You should enter it in the empoyment section (and that is really only a list) but do not waste space in the personal statement on it. It will have no relevance to your subject and has conferred little, if anything, in the way of useful skills and abilities.
I thought the unis had access to the entire UCAS application...

See thats what i used to think but i dont think they can access all of it and you do need to tick some boxes saying its ok to share information with the uni. And there definitely is sections that they dont share eg religion and sexuality
Original post by Good bloke
It has conferred little, if anything, in the way of useful skills and abilities.

I'd rate "ability to make a zinger burger" pretty high on my list of useful skills tbh :wink:

OP - You MUST declare all paid employment (and ONLY paid employment) in the employment section. And much as I rate popcorn chicken it's not worth mentioning in your PS.
Reply 15
See thats what i used to think but i dont think they can access all of it and you do need to tick some boxes saying its ok to share information with the uni. And there definitely is sections that they dont share eg religion and sexuality

I just looked it up and they do acctually have access to it entirely. I think you're confusing it with something else because somewhere it does say that UCAS doesn't share some information with other universities than you ones you're applying to... but I might be wrong...
Reply 16
Original post by PQ
I'd rate "ability to make a zinger burger" pretty high on my list of useful skills tbh :wink:

OP - You MUST declare all paid employment (and ONLY paid employment) in the employment section. And much as I rate popcorn chicken it's not worth mentioning in your PS.

Hahah yeah that's what I thought... not really worth mentioning in my PS :tongue:
I just looked it up and they do acctually have access to it entirely. I think you're confusing it with something else because somewhere it does say that UCAS doesn't share some information with other universities than you ones you're applying to... but I might be wrong...

Yeah probably, i havent looked it up in ages lol.
Though i doubt theyd pay much attention to it. They have so many applications, theyd rather look at graded and your PS (and your race if theyre oxbridge or warwick oops)

religion and sexuality do get shared with universities - just not at the start of the application (only once you start your degree). Disability gets shared from the start as does pretty much everything else (age, gender etc) apart from your other choices (those are revealed to universities at the point where you reply to your offers).
Original post by PQ

hehe. We still don't let the chap (who later became my best man) forget the first time he opened a can of beans. He used the opener to pierce a hole and was extracting the contents one bean at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest