IzzyEvans
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I am going into year 11 and have missed all of year 10 for personal reasons. I am taking:
Triple science
Higher maths
English lan/lit
Geography
History

I dropped my other two options as I have more interest in the sciences so I could work on them more. I have no idea how far behind or whether I am even behind.

I want to become a doctor and for A level I want to take: Biology, chemistry, physiology and if I take a fourth one it would be maths.

Does anyone have any advice about how I can catch up to get good enough grades to get into medical school?

Thank you!

goldfvnch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have a friend who moved schools between year 10 and 11, so she changed from the iGCSE syllabus to the GCSE syllabus. She said watching freesciencelessons on YouTube really helped her catch up for sciences. For maths, I would recommend ExamSolutions or Mathsaurus - they both do good revision and exam question talk through videos. As for English, History and Geography, I'd recommend talking to a teacher first if you can, and see if they can help catch you up in a few lunch times or free periods. For English and History especially, a some marks come from writing structure and style, which is hard for you to teach yourself. Oh, and read the books for English Lit!
ggnaliz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also know quite a few people who joined in year 11 and therefore changed syllabus. I also know people who have changed their options half way through and so would effectively start a new subject in year 11, it is possible!!! I would agree that freesciencelessons on you tube really help and Corbett maths is also great. For English just READ whenever and wherever you can, that’s the beauty of it in that you can do it pretty much anywhere whereas it’s harder to revise maths or history like that. As you said you would like to continue with sciences at A level influencing a possible career choice so perhaps prioritise those as there is arguably more content to learn but also talk to teachers. They will want to do anything they can to help so don’t be afraid to use up all the lunch breaks to get some extra help to catch up!! This is an incredible achievement for you and I completely admire you!! Good luck with your exams😊

(Original post by IzzyEvans)
I am going into year 11 and have missed all of year 10 for personal reasons. I am taking:
Triple science
Higher maths
English lan/lit
Geography
History

I dropped my other two options as I have more interest in the sciences so I could work on them more. I have no idea how far behind or whether I am even behind.

I want to become a doctor and for A level I want to take: Biology, chemistry, physiology and if I take a fourth one it would be maths.

Does anyone have any advice about how I can catch up to get good enough grades to get into medical school?

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads