lauraclaiire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I am doing a degree in Policing but I am really struggling to learn how to reference my essays can anyone help me?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lauraclaiire)
Hi I am doing a degree in Policing but I am really struggling to learn how to reference my essays can anyone help me?
Hi lauraclaiire

Do you know what reference system you use for the course? If the university doesn't have a referencing handbook you will be able to find plenty of guides online. I would advise staying away from referencing generators as you won't actually learn how to reference by using them. However, just be aware that referencing can be hard at the beginning. It takes practice to get it perfect so don't be disheartened if you are struggling at the moment.

If you need any further advice give me a shout.

Dom
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you do APA 6th my uni has a really handy booklet I can send you pictures of but in any case your university should have a referencing guide on its portal and the library/academic support usually run classes on referencing
lauraclaiire
Rep:
?
Hi yes I’ve managed to sort the referencing out. But I’m stuck on how to structure my assignments in general and it says that they need to have an argument in them?
lauraclaiire
Rep:
?
That would be great.
But I’m stuck on how to structure my assignments in general and it says that they need to have an argument in them?
(Original post by RomNoob)
If you do APA 6th my uni has a really handy booklet I can send you pictures of but in any case your university should have a referencing guide on its portal and the library/academic support usually run classes on referencing
Mimir
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lauraclaiire)
Hi yes I’ve managed to sort the referencing out. But I’m stuck on how to structure my assignments in general and it says that they need to have an argument in them?
I don't think Law study help is able to be specific on this. Perhaps post your question on structuring essays in the humanities section, or use the search tool on TSR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise