Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
lol sometimes I feel the opposite
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's relatively normal, yes. It's not uncommon to think being the opposite sex might be better.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
its nice to know its not just me
Amon-ster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What about menstruation did you think about that?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Amon-ster)
What about menstruation did you think about that?
I am aware of the downsides of being a female, I just wanted to vent something quite personal about how I feel, to know if it's not just me that experiences this if that's okay with you
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i think i’d be happier as a guy tbh but i also love being a girl. doesn’t mean i should transition.
Fly to sky
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s interesting how human brain operate.
Fly to sky
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am aware of the downsides of being a female, I just wanted to vent something quite personal about how I feel, to know if it's not just me that experiences this if that's okay with you
Having menses is not downside if you have it painless. Also, modern hygiene products make life of women are much easier than it was in not that distant past.
Last edited by Fly to sky; 3 weeks ago
Sarahmedic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this normal?
Could u expand on your reasons for this? I always think men have it easier. Fertility wise, career planning wise, menstruation, pregnancy, sexism, feeling unsafe, the world being designed for men. 😛 would like to hear ur opinion
rentalghini
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I've been curious before about being a female and sometimes thought it'd perhaps been better, but I've never seriously thought about whether I'm transgender, and any thoughts about it at all were quickly dismissed. I'm alright being a male.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
If this is a recurring thought I'd recommend trying exploring gender presentation just to see how it feels - This is exactly the thing of thing I thought about a lot before I realised I was trans. Though this isnt to say you are, but no harm can come from a little experimentation just to see how it feels ^_^
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It's relatively normal, yes. It's not uncommon to think being the opposite sex might be better.
what
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sarahmedic)
Could u expand on your reasons for this? I always think men have it easier. Fertility wise, career planning wise, menstruation, pregnancy, sexism, feeling unsafe, the world being designed for men. 😛 would like to hear ur opinion
oof
I know a medical explanation probably isn't what you're looking for, but i'll try my best to explain it both scientifically and informally.
Essentially, the difference between how one percieves oneself and how they present themselves to others. Some people, myself included, feel that they aren't in the right body. Sometimes this can result in a mental illness called Gender Dysphoria - essentially meaning extreme discomfort resulting from presenting as a gender you don't feel you are, however it's important to remember it doesn't always cause Gender Dysphoria, and that's also OK and valid.
Funny thing is, most people who experience this are feminists, and are aware of the prejudice/oppression women experience on the daily, but the logical disadvantages can't contend with the feeling.
OP, if you want to look for people accepting of you, who accept those who feel they aren't the gender they were assigned at birth but don't experience intense negative emotions because of it, i recommend looking for "tucute" or "anti-transmed" communities.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
oof
I know a medical explanation probably isn't what you're looking for, but i'll try my best to explain it both scientifically and informally.
Essentially, the difference between how one percieves oneself and how they present themselves to others. Some people, myself included, feel that they aren't in the right body. Sometimes this can result in a mental illness called Gender Dysphoria - essentially meaning extreme discomfort resulting from presenting as a gender you don't feel you are, however it's important to remember it doesn't always cause Gender Dysphoria, and that's also OK and valid.
Funny thing is, most people who experience this are feminists, and are aware of the prejudice/oppression women experience on the daily, but the logical disadvantages can't contend with the feeling.
OP, if you're ok with seeing lots of political content and want to look for people accepting of you, who accept those who feel they aren't the gender they were assigned at birth but don't experience intense negative emotions because of it, i recommend looking for "tucute" or "anti-transmed" communities.
mindreader101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i love being what i sexually and mentally am
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm ok as a boy but I'd feel better as the CEO of Goldman Sachs
Sarahmedic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
oof
OP, if you want to look for people accepting of you, who accept those who feel they aren't the gender they were assigned at birth but don't experience intense negative emotions because of it, i recommend looking for "tucute" or "anti-transmed" communities.
Totally undertandable😛 and a very good explanation at that
Anonymous #1
I love the way a woman can Express herself as masculine or feminine and for it to still be accepted (mostly) by society, which is the main reason I think I have these fealings as I want to express this feminine side of myself without repercussion. also I love the way girls interact in relationships like they can always hug their girlfriends, I feel I cant unfortunately with my male friends. In addition I would love to get a bunch of free drinks from just sitting in a bar. the list goes on I cant give more reasons if you like. However I have to disagree with some of what you said, considering the rate for regular assault is higher for men and that I'm quite small I still feel unsafe walking alone at night, and surprisingly pregnancy is something that I that I think would be amazing to experience. sure childbirth sucks but your actually holding a whole new life inside you- how cool is that! and about the world being designed for men... we just had a female prime minister and the majority of major political parties are headed by women... designed by men? I dont think so otherwise why would they let them into that position? career planning wise yes especially considering women essentially have a 'biological clock'on when they cant have kids yeah that sucks and I have already addressed my feelings on menstruation earlier.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rentalghini)
Yeah, I've been curious before about being a female and sometimes thought it'd perhaps been better, but I've never seriously thought about whether I'm transgender, and any thoughts about it at all were quickly dismissed. I'm alright being a male.
I feel the same but sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on my parts of my life because I'm not a female
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.74%
Pop (162)
24.43%
Jazz (26)
3.92%
Classical (40)
6.03%
Hip-Hop (120)
18.1%