CathEmilie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Please help! I’m in my first year of IB, and I’m having doubts in my choices, specially on doing all these 3 subjects together (Math HL, Physics SL and Hist SL). Is it really hard? Because I love maths and history, and I need physics to study architecture in the future.

My others subjects:
English B HL (easy for me)
French B HL (easy)
Portuguese A Literature SL

PS: I’m Brazilian, so I might have done some English mistakes...
Vetrix42
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's a fine combination. My friend who might do IB who do HL Art instead of a language at HL but that's fine as I'm sure architecture doesn't require specific subjects but Maths and Physics is useful.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Where are you planning to apply to study architecture? In the UK, to my knowledge there are no universities that require physics (to IB HL or SL); I believe Bath and Strathclyde may indicate it as useful (PQ may be able to correct me on this).

In the UK art (typically to A-level/IB HL) is usually strongly recommended and sometimes required, as most architecture courses here require the submission of a creative portfolio; while it's possible to create this without doing art in 6th form, usually those taking art will use part of their work for the course in their portfolio (thus lowering their overall workload - which for IB is quite significant).

If you were applying to universities outside of the UK I can't advise though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.3%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (71)
55.91%
No (48)
37.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise