The Student Room Group

A question for gay people.

Who would you save based on who you love more your child or your partner?

Your child- knowing you had them via IVF or artificial insemination or adoption or whatever...
Or your partner- bearing in mind you had to fight for your love, in order to be accepted or some of you may have left home and left everything behind in order to be with your partner.

Or do you say, the love for both is different and you cannot choose?
Original post by Anonymous
Who would you save based on who you love more your child or your partner?

Your child- knowing you had them via IVF or artificial insemination or adoption or whatever...
Or your partner- bearing in mind you had to fight for your love, in order to be accepted or some of you may have left home and left everything behind in order to be with your partner.

Or do you say, the love for both is different and you cannot choose?

Why do you need to know? This is f***ed up
Since most LGBT people have to fight even for adoption rights, and spend years and enormous amounts of money preparing for either adoption or IVF/surrogacy, I really think the implication that a gay couple would be less invested in their child than some random straight couple that couldn't be bothered to use a condom is laughable, at best, and outright homophobic at worst. Nobody questions the investment of straight parents who adopt, use IVF or go through surrogacy etc, so it's fairly homophobic to frame this in terms of LGBT people specifically.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Since most LGBT people have to fight even for adoption rights, and spend years and enormous amounts of money preparing for either adoption or IVF/surrogacy, I really think the implication that a gay couple would be less invested in their child than some random straight couple that couldn't be bothered to use a condom is laughable, at best, and outright homophobic at worst. Nobody questions the investment of straight parents who adopt, use IVF or go through surrogacy etc, so it's fairly homophobic to frame this in terms of LGBT people specifically.

:cry:I am SO SO sorry i did not mean to be homophobic in anyway!!!:frown:
I'm not at all homophobic! You see, i have a friend who is gay and she has been having trouble with her partner (who makes her feel bad) because she conceived the child and her partner did not. So her partner claims that the child is not hers. And they have been getting into many arguments.
And she is beginning to question whether she should take her child and leave or stay.

This was playing on my mind so out of curiosity i asked. I am extremely sorry if I offended anyone in anyway whatsoever. :frown:
idc i would save my child even if my hubby had a d the length of 70 snickers
:cry:I am SO SO sorry i did not mean to be homophobic in anyway!!!:frown:
I'm not at all homophobic! You see, i have a friend who is gay and she has been having trouble with her partner (who makes her feel bad) because she conceived the child and her partner did not. So her partner claims that the child is not hers. And they have been getting into many arguments.
And she is beginning to question whether she should take her child and leave or stay.

This was playing on my mind so out of curiosity i asked. I am extremely sorry if I offended anyone in anyway whatsoever. :frown:

This is a completely different situation then. This sounds like your friend is in a bad relationship and doesn't know whether to leave or not. Guising it under, which was a homophobic choice situation wasn't necessary. Your friend should just leave the relationship, not because she's picking the baby, which is what you implied, but because clearly this person wasn't meant to be her life partner. The baby is just an example of this.
Reply 6
This is a completely different situation then. This sounds like your friend is in a bad relationship and doesn't know whether to leave or not. Guising it under, which was a homophobic choice situation wasn't necessary. Your friend should just leave the relationship, not because she's picking the baby, which is what you implied, but because clearly this person wasn't meant to be her life partner. The baby is just an example of this.

Thanks.

Sorry if I offended you in anyway:frown: x
What the **** kinda question is this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending