British citizen living in Canada - want to move back to pursue med school.

Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was born in Canada and have lived in Canada all my life, but I’m also a British citizen with a British passport. My mum and brother were born in England, my mum lived there for a majority of her life and my brother for three years. All of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my mum’s stepmom (grandparents too, but have passed) live in England. I’m currently enrolled in a Canadian Biomedical undergraduate program, but would like to go to England for med school. I plan on living in England and having my career their. I’m looking for any advice and guidance! I don’t even know where to begin! I know what to do for Canada med schools, but not too sure what to do when applying to English ones.

Should I apply to postgrad med school programs for after my undergraduate or should I apply to the undergraduate med school programs? Sorry if that doesn’t make sense lol, it’s almost midnight.
Last edited by mwilli52; 1 year ago
Badges: 22
Report 1 year ago
You apply through UCAS - google.

There is a good medicine wiki section on here for some starter guidance.

Uk university fees are based on residency, not citizenship. So although you are a British citizen, you will be liable for international fees, which for medicine will run into the hundreds of thousands of pounds. The only way to get around this is to live in the UK for 3 years prior to starting uni.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (51)
I don't have everything I need (27)

Watched Threads

View All