The Student Room Group

A level politics

Tomorrow i’m choosing my A Levels and I’m deciding whether or not to pick Edexel A level politics but I don’t know much about it lime what the classes are like and how you’re assessed and if it’s a good option for enjoyment plz can someone help
Hi, I've just completed year 12 and I take politics under the Edexcel board.

It's assessed like any other humanities subject I guess; you take 3 two hour exams in year 13 for the A level.
My homework consists of just essay writing- so really the ability to write a coherent piece of writing is the most important.

Now, personally I would never recommend it, it's my least favourite subject as I find it to be my heaviest subject, (the content was increased when A levels were revamped,) and for me, there's just a lot of little details, dates, as well as quite complex political ideas etc to understand, let alone write about critically in an essay.

That being said, you may find the A level much easier than I have- it partially decides on what other options you choose and also what you're like as a person- maybe, and hopefully you would click much better with the subject than I have so far :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest