Scoring BAND 4 on UCAT SJT. Overall score low - AM I SCREWED? Watch

brarje
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys,
I've recently completed my UCAT for which I'd practiced 3 weeks for... but unfortunately I did terrible on the SJT (BAND 4). I was consistently achieving BAND 1s using Medify so I have no clue as to how I managed to get this result.(Maybe just a bad day?) My overall score is 2490 which I think is a bit below the average (2600?) so I was also wondering about my chances of getting into a uni for Dentistry. I think BAND 4 is also the lowest you can achieve and considered highly unethical so would they automatically reject me?
Thanks in advance
brarje
Rep:
?
Bump
F12Ak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got the exact same score as you, overall and for SJT
brarje
Rep:
?
You reckon we’re screwed?
brarje
Rep:
?
Bumpybump
F12Ak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by brarje)
You reckon we’re screwed?
It'll limit the universities you can apply to, some don't take Band 4 but for St. Georges (and maybe a couple others), they don't take the SJT into account I believe
But after my UCAT and work experience, I don't think I'll be applying for medicine anymore.
brarje
Rep:
?
Oh alright, that's not that bad then. Thanks for the info and gl with whatever you want to pursue
username2775496
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As long as you apply strategically, there's no reason why you can't get to interview. Is BMAT an option for you?
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by brarje)
Hey guys,
I've recently completed my UCAT for which I'd practiced 3 weeks for... but unfortunately I did terrible on the SJT (BAND 4). I was consistently achieving BAND 1s using Medify so I have no clue as to how I managed to get this result.(Maybe just a bad day?) My overall score is 2490 which I think is a bit below the average (2600?) so I was also wondering about my chances of getting into a uni for Dentistry. I think BAND 4 is also the lowest you can achieve and considered highly unethical so would they automatically reject me?
Thanks in advance
That's really not that bad, make sure it doesn't affect your confidence and do well in your a levels. Also, try to look at universities that don't look at SJT there are a few. TBH there are few universities that have accepted people with high 500 for an interview, try to research well if your personal statement is good you stand a good chance. Try to research. There is always the option of BMAT.
brarje
Rep:
?
Appreciate all the replies on this. I'll take all the info and on-board and hopefully it turns out fine in the end. Also, BMAT isn't needed for getting into Dentistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?