Sankalp.2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
you know banking has nothing to do with stock pitching or investing right? as a stepping stone it could help lead to that stuff but sellside research or buyside research at an AM would be far better first bets.
Also would u reccomend maybe resitting to improve grades and find a suitable career path or go along with my Warwick foundation into a management bsc
randyorton
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sankalp.2000)
Also would u reccomend maybe resitting to improve grades and find a suitable career path or go along with my Warwick foundation into a management bsc
Could you not resit and do the foundation simultaneously?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sankalp.2000)
No. Don't ever resit your Alevels! a waste of time. Start yiur fiyndatiin degree and graduste in 4 years time. By then no one will care about your Alevels. Degrees are a higher qualification obviously.
King Arthur 284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mgi)
No. Don't ever resit your Alevels! a waste of time. Start yiur fiyndatiin degree and graduste in 4 years time. By then no one will care about your Alevels. Degrees are a higher qualification obviously.
I disagree, resit A levels and work at the same time to earn money instead of foundation year. Foundation year costs money 💴. You don’t want to add another £20,000 expense for an additional year.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by King Arthur 284)
I disagree, resit A levels and work at the same time to earn money instead of foundation year. Foundation year costs money 💴. You don’t want to add another £20,000 expense for an additional year.
Thats another possible scenario; not sure about the usefulness of resitting A -levels though
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mgi)
Thats another possible scenario; not sure about the usefulness of resitting A -levels though
super useful, plenty have done this
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
super useful, plenty have done this
it depends on what your ultimate plan is i suppose especially for careers like medicine. But just because many do it does not mean it is a good idea or necessarily makes sense.
randyorton
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mgi)
it depends on what your ultimate plan is i suppose especially for careers like medicine. But just because many do it does not mean it is a good idea or necessarily makes sense.
This isn't about medicine, this person wants to go into IB, they'll need better A-Level grades to do this
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by randyorton)
Could you not resit and do the foundation simultaneously?
I considered this but after speaking to teachers they said that there wouldn't be a point as itd be too much work to handle
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by randyorton)
This isn't about medicine, this person wants to go into IB, they'll need better A-Level grades to do this
Apparently some banks dont care about grades as much as long as u get a 2:1 in ur degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.15%
No (179)
75.85%

Watched Threads