The Student Room Group

Good enough GCSEs for oxbridge? (or imperial)

Are these grades good enough for oxbridge/imperial? I got one 7 (A), nine 9s and an A^ in further maths
Original post by bubble123987
Are these grades good enough for oxbridge/imperial? I got one 7 (A), nine 9s and an A^ in further maths

Hi. The short answer is yes.

These are some really great results and you should be really proud. You have clearly worked really hard and instead of fretting about the future immediately, you should give yourself some time to congratulate yourself and relax!

What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi. The short answer is yes.

These are some really great results and you should be really proud. You have clearly worked really hard and instead of fretting about the future immediately, you should give yourself some time to congratulate yourself and relax!

What are your plans for the rest of the day?

thank you. but considering i go to a private school are they still ok because apparently oxbridge favours state school people.
Reply 3
thank you. but considering i go to a private school are they still ok because apparently oxbridge favours state school people.

They don't.

Yeah they’re really good! Most Oxbridge people have similar grades so you’ll have to shine in admission exams and at the interviews

they don't, private school applicants still have a higher success rate than state schools, your GCSEs are obviously fine but they aren't the most important part of the application, you need to do well at the admissions assessment, interview and be on track for excellent A level grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending