Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone got a '3 network' pay as u go mobile? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone has a mobile with the 3 network?

im thinking of buying a new phone and found one in superdrug for only £65 which i think's a great deal. it says the handset is £40 and added £15 credit which brings the package to £65.

dunno if anyone's seen the ad for it..its on the back of the free superdrug xmas catalogue if u wanna have a look...the phone on the left.....cant remember what its called now but its really nice.

i basically just wanted to know what that network is like cos the phone seems really cheap.

karen x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle86)
    Just wondered if anyone has a mobile with the 3 network?

im thinking of buying a new phone and found one in superdrug for only £65 which i think's a great deal. it says the handset is £40 and added £15 credit which brings the package to £65.

dunno if anyone's seen the ad for it..its on the back of the free superdrug xmas catalogue if u wanna have a look...the phone on the left.....cant remember what its called now but its really nice.

i basically just wanted to know what that network is like cos the phone seems really cheap.

karen x
    ahem

perhaps you should check this out, bottom right

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    ahem

perhaps you should check this out, bottom right

sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    actually the replacement phone isnt looking too bad. a lot of mixed reviews though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkle86)
    it says the handset is £40 and added £15 credit which brings the package to £65.
    Hmm.... 40 + 15 doesn't make 65....

ReputationRep:
    Also 3 is very restrictive about what you can do with your airtime. i think it's something like you have to devide to into txt's and minutes at the beginning of the month. and each voucher only lasts for one month. the minimum voucher size is £15, so effectively its a £15 a month contract.

irgin is the best network for pay as you go. i mean 3p texts how great is that, and no catches at all (other virgin mobiles only)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    Also 3 is very restrictive about what you can do with your airtime. i think it's something like you have to devide to into txt's and minutes at the beginning of the month. and each voucher only lasts for one month. the minimum voucher size is £15, so effectively its a £15 a month contract.

irgin is the best network for pay as you go. i mean 3p texts how great is that, and no catches at all (other virgin mobiles only)
    for £5 you can unlock the handset. so you get, for £50, a handset with twin cameras, bluetooth and mp3 capabilities and the ability to use any network. plus a backup sim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    for £5 you can unlock the handset. so you get, for £50, a handset with twin cameras, bluetooth and mp3 capabilities and the ability to use any network. plus a backup sim
    thats cool, don't get any of the 3g stuff though, which is the only really positive to having to carry around a brick for a phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    thats cool, don't get any of the 3g stuff though, which is the only really positive to having to carry around a brick for a phone.
    the phone superdrug are offering is a small flip-top. im not sure if 3g phones are unlockable though. i would assume they are.

ReputationRep:
    ok i wont be going for that then...and no £40 + £15 isnt £65...silly me...im so blonde. duh!

im with virgin at the mo so i think i'll stick with that. just want a flip phone and some better things like video messaging etc.

karen x

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.